73

Hunter came back a few seconds later followed by the doctor and a few nurses. They were running around the room and getting everything.

"Sierra, you can only have three people in here while you deliver. And I need you to choose which three you want right now." Dr. Dobrik said.

"Oh shit, uhm my mom, Hunter, and my dad when he gets here." She answered.

"Where's you Dad, sweetheart?" He asked, keeping her distracted as he situated everything like her legs, the gown, and all his utensils.

"He had to get my siblings from school and he said he would be here in two minutes." She answered, wincing. "Mom, it hurts."

"I know it hurts and i was going to give you the epidural considering you've been in labor since yesterday but he's already crowning so I can't give it to you. You have to push now, Si." The doctor put gloves on and sat down in front of her exposed legs.

"I'm not pushing until my dad gets here." She said, stubbornly.

"I don't want to scare you but the longer you wait to push, the more you and your baby risk getting hurt." He explained. "We could lose the both of you if you don't push right now, Sierra."

"I want my Dad to be here but okay, I'll start pushing. Just— what do I do?" She asked, more tears falling down her face at the thought of her dad not being here.

"When you feel the next contraction, you push as hard as you can for as long as you can. It may feel like you're about to—excuse my language—shit yourself but that's normal and you won't." He explained.

"Okay, I can feel my contraction coming. Should I push?" She asked.

"Yes—"

The doctor was cut off when the door busted opened, revealing Kian. "I'm here. Please tell me I didn't miss anything." He said, closing the door and walking over to where I was standing. Hunter was her left side, holding my daughter's hand.

"No, she's just about to push." I said to him. He nodded and grabbed Sierra's hand. She looked at her father.

"I'm so happy you're here." She said. Kian smiled and leaned down, kissing her sweaty forehead. He pulled away a couple seconds later but kept hold on her hand. "Okay, I'm gonna push now."

"I'm ready when you are, honey." He said, focusing between my daughter's legs.

A few seconds later, Sierra's grip on her father's hand tightened and she groaned before pushing as hard as she could.

"Keep going, Sierra. You're doing a great job." He encouraged. She pushed for a few more seconds before she stopped. "We just need a couple more pushes like that and he'll be out before you know it. You're doing great."

She started breathing heavily but soon, she was pushing again as hard as she could.

"Keep going, Keep going! I can see the head. The head is almost out, sweetie. Go, go, go!" He encouraged.

"You're doing great, princess. Our baby is almost here." Hunter reassured her and that made me smile, knowing that he was gonna be there for her and the baby.

She winced when she stopped pushing, looking at me and Kian. "Mom, i can't do this anymore. It hurts so much."

"You can do this baby." I said.

"Mom, i can't!" She groaned, before pushing again.

After a couple more pushes

"Keep going! Keep going!" And soon, crying filled the room and Sierra threw her head back on the pillow and tried to catch her breath before looking at her father.

"Dad, you wanna cut the umbilical cord?" She smiled, weakly at him before he smiled back and stood up; walking over to his grandson and cutting the cord.

And I could see his face from here and it showed pure confusion. He nodded before coming back to his spot on the chair.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked him.

"It's a—"

"—girl!" Dr. Dobrik said, cutting Kian off.

My eyes met Sierra's who looked shocked and confused.

"What do you mean, it's a girl? My doctor told me it was a boy?" She asked.

"He made a mistake. She's very much a girl." The doctor said, handing the little bundle of joy over to Sierra.

A smile instantly took over her face as she smiled at her daughter.

"My little girl." She whimpered as fresh, happy tears slid down her cheeks. Sierra looked at Hunter and smiled. "Our little girl."

He smiled and kissed Sierra's forehead and then their daughter's.

"Now you have to think of a girl's name." Kian said.

Sierra looked at Hunter as they tried to think of a name.

"I like the name Madison Marie. What about you babe?" She asked Hunter.

"It's pretty, babe." He smiled at his girlfriend and kissed her forehead first then the baby's.

Sierra looked at me then and smiled. "You wanna hold her?"

My mouth curved upwards into a smile as I nodded my head at my daughter. She slowly handed her over to me.

Kian sat beside me in the chair and put an arm around me, pulling me closer by my waist. "She's beautiful."

I couldn't help the tears that fell out of my eyes and down my cheeks. "She's here. Our granddaughter is finally here, Ki."

He smiled and wiped the tears off of my face. "And we're going to spoil the crap out of her."

I chuckled as more tears fell down my face. I was the happiest person in the world, it felt like.

I leaned down and kissed her small forehead. "My little Maddy."

Kian never took his eyes off of Madison. He was in love with the baby. I don't blame him, she is absolutely fucking gorgeous and I couldn't imagine life without her.

"Mom, I know you want to hold her forever but Hunter would like to hold her soon before they take her back to do tests on her." Sierra said, breaking me out of my la la land trance.

"Oh, right." I said, standing up slowly and walking over to Hunter. I carefully put Maddy into his arms. "Make sure her head is supported—"

"Haylie, I know how to hold a baby." He chuckled. I smiled softly at him.

"Sorry, force of habit." I said, nervously.

Hunter held the baby for a little longer before they had to take her back for tests. So when they put her in the incubator, they rolled her into the nursery.

"Sierra, I'm gonna go get your siblings before you fall asleep, okay?" I said softly, walking towards the door.

"Yeah, that's fine. Just tell them to please be quiet." She asked and pulled the blanket up to her chin.

"Of course, sweetie." I said before going to the waiting room.

Once the kids saw me, they stood up and walked over to me. They were expecting an update but I didn't give them one. I just smiled and started crying tears of joy again.

"They're both okay." I said causing them all smiled and hug me. "But, it's not a boy. She's a girl and her name is Madison Marie."

They all squeezed me tighter before letting go.

"Where'd Cam go?"

"He said he had to take care of something and that he'd be back as soon as he could. He said to text him and keep him updated." Zack explained.

"Alright, well, let's go and see your sister and your niece!"

I hate to do this, I really do. But I'm going to start doing vote and comment goals only because my votes and comment have died down so much since the beginning and it's throwing me off.

so

15 votes and 20 comments and I'll update ASAP!