17%

Haylie's POV

I sighed before looking between my boyfriend and my ex husband. My eyes then locked with Kian's.

"Nate and I are dating again, yes, but we're taking it slow, okay?" I said.

"That doesn't answer my fucking question. Why are you back with him?" Kian said.

"Because you're still married to Alexis!" I said, loudly.

"Wait, so you're only with me again because he's still married? You wouldn't have got back with me if he wasn't?" Nate asked, sadly.

"No. I missed you like crazy. That's the reason I got back with you. I love you, Nate, okay?" I said, looking at him.

"That's not what you were saying the other night." Kian mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away from me. "Sierra, come on. I'll take you to school in the morning." Kian and our daughter turned around along with him.

"Haylie, what's he talking about?" Nate asked.

"Nothing, Skate. Kian, she's not going anywhere." I said, pulling on my daughter's shoulder. She looked at me.

"Mom, I'm old enough to make my own decisions. Let me go!" She ripped her shoulder from my grip and ran out the front door, slamming the wood behind her.

Kian looked at me with anger in his. "Don't forget that she's my daughter, too." And with that, Kian disappears outside of my house.

After those two left, it was awkward between Nate and I. I just continued to cook the tacos while he stood against the doorframe with his arms across his chest, watching me.

"Haylie, we have to talk." He broke the silence. I sighed.

"About what?" I asked, putting the meat into the strainer to get rid of the grease.

"What happened with you and Kian the other night? And don't lie to me, please." He asked. I didn't want to tell him.

"It was the night you kicked us out. I took the kids to Taylor's and I just needed to calm down because I was pissed. So I went to a bar and Kian just ended up being there. I had a couple of drinks and so did he and I just told him I loved him and he told me the same." I lied, finishing the tacos.

"That's it? From how he sounded, it sounded like something worse happened." Nate walked towards me.

"Kids! Dinner!" I yelled, trying to get the triplets to come and eat. "That's it."

After that, my kids piled into the kitchen, grabbing their plates and tortillas or taco shells.

"I'd also like to talk to you about something." I asked, walking to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and looked into his eyes. He did the same.

"What is it?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Once the kids go to bed, I'll talk to you but I don't think-"

"Skate, why haven't we met your kids?" I heard Sierra's voice sound through the kitchen. I looked over to see her standing against the refrigerator with Kian standing beside her with his arms crossed and his eyebrows furrowed together.

"I thought you guys left." I said.

Sierra walked forward a little. "We were going to but I just had to know why we haven't met his kids yet."

"Oh, well. You should go-" I said, pulling away from Nate.

"No, it's okay, Haylie." He pulled me into his chest causing Kian to drop his arms down to his sides with his fists clenched.

"The reason you guys haven't met my kids yet is because I... I don't have kids. My three 'kids' don't exist and probably won't." He confessed. I looked at him shocked and pulled away from him. I walked over to my daughter.

"How could you lie to me? After I forgave you for what you did, you lie to me? What the hell is your problem? I want you out of my house. Now." I said.

I trusted this man so much. I trusted him with my kids. I trusted him in my house. I trusted him with my secrets, me, everything. He lost all of that trust and it hurts.

"Haylie, please let me explain." He started walking towards me which made Kian tense up beside me.

"No, Skate. I trusted you. You just threw that out the fucking window. I don't want you to be around my kids or me anymore. Leave." I said once again.

"Haylie, please." He begged and walked right in front of me. Before he could touch me, Kian stood in front of me.

"She said to get out of here." He growled.

I could see Skate's face. He was mad. "Get the hell away from my girlfriend."

"She's not with you. If she was, she wouldn't be kicking you out of her house. Now, get out of here before I take you out myself." Kian said, getting closer in Skate's face. I looked at Sierra.

"Take your brothers and sister upstairs." I said sternly. She nodded quickly before grabbing the triplets with plates in their hands and going upstairs.

Once they were out of sight, I looked back at the two men standing in my kitchen.

"You're really threatening me right now? Wow, real mature." Skate said, sarcastically.

"Oh, I'm the immature one? I think you're talking about yourself. Haylie told you to leave but you continue to just stand here and beg for her to let you stay here. Talk about 'mature'." Kian said.

Before I could even blink, Skate's fist connected with Kian's cheek, causing Kian to stumble backwards a little bit. Kian then regained his balance and looked at Skate with anger laced in his eyes and his fists clenched, face beat red.

"You fucked up." Was all Kian said before he grabbed ahold of Skate's neck, dragging him outside and throwing him off of the porch.

SOOOOOO.... school started which means less updates😔

I'm going to try to write as much as possible so please don't comment saying that I need to update because school comes first.

But in other news, I'm taking Journalism so my writing can improve. I'm literally taking this class for you guys.

But anyways.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR FASTER UPDATES!!!!!