45

-a couple of weeks later because I didn't know what to write-

Haylie's POV

Today's the day that Sierra has to get some testing done. It's been about 3 weeks since the incident and they still haven't found the guy that's done this.

Brandon's texted me a couple of times during these last couple of weeks and he's just being really shady. Like, the other day he said that he had to go and meet up with his friend Dallas who was in jail for something he didn't do. But I know Brandon and he was stuttering and sweating really bad whenever he called me. Those are just two signs of lying when it's coming from Brandon.

It was just Sierra, Zack and I that were going to get these tests done. Officer Harrison said to go to the hospital and they would take care of those tests.

Sierra was terrified whether she wanted to admit it or not. I just knew she was scared. We all were. I hope everything is okay and I can go home and tell Kian that she's going to be okay.

Speaking of Kian, I still haven't forgiven him. The only time I been go into the room is give him his food and pain medicine. He tries to talk to me but I'm not feeling it. I don't want to deal with him.

We walked into the doctor's office and went to registration.

"Hi, I'm Haylie Lawley and my daughter has an appointment today." I explained to the secretary who has brown hair and red lipstick.

"What's her name?" She said.

"Sierra Lawley." I said.

"Okay, we'll get her back there as soon as possible." She said.

The three of us went into the waiting room and sat down in the corner away from everyone but I could still feel the staring that we got.

One little girl came up to me with I'm assuming her mom and asked for a picture. I took one with her and then they went back to their seats in the waiting room.

I looked at Sierra. "Are you okay?"

She didn't look at me. "Yeah, for now. I just wish Dad could've been here, yanno?"

I sighed. "Yeah, me too."

Then our names were called so we went back into the room that they put us in and waited for the doctor to come in and start these tests.

"Sierra, whatever happens in the next hour or so, we will still love you and none of this is your fault, okay?" Zack reassured his sister.

"Either way, I'm still terrified. What if something's not right? Like, what if I can't ever have kids because of that nasty slum? I have such anxiety about this right now. I could cry if I wanted to." She said, putting her head in her hands.

I hugged her tightly until there was a knock on the door and my doctor walked in in his white lab coat sort of thing with a clipboard in his hand and a pen in his other.

I sat back down in my chair beside my daughter.

"Hi, Haylie. How have you been?" Dr. Greene asked, sitting in his spinning chair thing.

"Good, stressed, but good." I replied.

He then put all of his attention on Sierra. "Hi, Sierra. I'm Dr. Greene and I'm just going to ask you a couple of questions for now, okay?" She nodded.

"Okay, first question: Do you feel like anything is different?"

She shook her head no.

"Have you felt nauseous in the past couple of weeks?"

She nodded her head, yeah, this time.

Fucking shit.

"Have you vomited since the incident?"

She nodded again.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"When's the last time you had your period?"

"Last month."

"When do you usually have them?"

"Middle towards the end."

He wrote all of this down before standing and asking me to walk outside with him. He closed the door behind him and looked at me with concern.

"Haylie, I don't think I'm even going to have to test her."

"Could you still do it just in case? I don't want it to be true but I just want to know if it is or not." I said.

"Yeah, I can. Do you think she'll do it?" He crossed his arms.

"I can ask her real quick." I walked back into the room and looked at my daughter.

"Sierra, the doctor needs to know if you're okay with taking a pregnancy test. If not, that's okay too but I'd like to know as well." I asked her.

She started tearing up. "Yeah, I guess I can. What do I have to do?"

"Well, it's not a store bought one but you'll have to go into the bathroom and pee in a cup and give it to him. And then he'll take it in the back and examine it and tell us the results in 10 minutes." I explained.

"Okay." She whispered. I walked back out into the hall and told the doctor she said yeah and then went back into the room, closing the door behind me.

"I hope to God I'm not about to become a grandmother at 36 but it's not your fault. If you become a mom at 16, it won't be you fault. It's going to be okay." I said, half reassuring myself and half reassuring her.

"I don't want to have kids yet. I'm only 16 years old! The kids at school will make fun of me and say a whole bunch of shit and I won't be able to handle it." She started crying.

"If you are pregnant, I'm getting you homeschooled. You don't need those fucking stupid ass kids saying shit about you when they don't know the whole damn story. It's going to be okay."

Soon enough, the doctor walked in to our room and escorted Sierra to the bathroom.

"I don't want to be an uncle yet. I really don't." Zack said.

"I don't want to be a grandma yet, either but today is when we find out if we're going to be or not." I said and sat down, waiting for my daughter to come back into the room.

I sat with my elbows on my knees and my head hidden in my hands.

Time seemed to go by slow as hell and I was honestly glad because I didn't want to know yet.

Soon enough, Sierra came back and sat down as well, being quiet as hell.

I pulled my phone out and texted Kian because he still deserved to know, if she's mad at him or not.

To: Kian

She had to take a pregnancy test. They'll tell us in about 5 minutes.

From: Kian

Oh, fuck.

Once Kian sent that, the doctor walked in without the clipboard and pen. His lips were set into a straight line as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

"Everything came back negative for STDs or if there was anything messed up, there isn't. You're perfectly okay but just as I suspected, you are pregnant."

NOW YOU KNOW HOW SIERRA BECAME A TEEN MOM

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR FASTER UPDATES