61

Charlie's POV

I rush all the way the hospital and to the baby ward. Manny is holding Miracle, and waiting in the lobby. He stands up to greet me. So many things are going through my mind. All Manny told me was Shawn collapsed on the kitchen floor while going into labor.

What if he is hurt?

What if he has something?

What if that cannot fix him?

"Okay, has a doctor updated you yet Manny?" I ask in a hysterical tone. My poor Shawn is lying somewhere in this hospital. Has anyone updated Manny yet? 

"Not since we arrived over an hour ago," Manny replies sadly. 

"Okay you both stay here I am going to get an update,"I state.

Literally, run all down halls until I find the nurses station. There are three nurses there not really doing anything. So that bothers me, this whole time, they could have at least gotten some information regarding Shawn. 

"What the hell?" I question sharply.

"What do you mean?" A short, overweight nurse with red hair and ladybugs scrubs. She gets up out of her chair and in my face. 

"Why has no one updated Shawn's family of information? He came in over an hour ago!" I yell at her.

"Yelling and screaming will get you nowhere. No one has asked us for that information or else we would have given it."

"We should not have to ask for it!"

"We have a lot of patients her tonight. Let me get some information and pass it along," The nurse states and then gets on her phone. A few moments later she hangs up.

"Shawn had high blood pressure and it caused him to faint. So they had to remove the baby really fast, and they are going to monitor Shawn until they can get him stabilized."

I had no idea someone could get high blood pressure whenever they are pregnant! My poor Shawn! I need to get to him and make sure he is okay. 

The nurse gives me the room number. I go back to Manny and we go to Shawn's room. He is still out of it. But, next to him is our baby. My feet take me by his bedside, our hands connect, and Shawn stirs a bit then smiles.

"Charlie? Is that you?"