51

CHARLIE'S POV

Whenever I come back from my faint spell. Apparently, they are all still waiting on me in the OR. Dr. Paula tries to make a big about it but, I hush her. The attention should not be focused on me but to Shawn and our amazing daughter. 

The nurses take the baby to clean her up and get vitals. Dr. Friday stitches up Shawn's c-section incision. Dr. Friday moves Shawn and I into a private room. Shawn does not touch the food that they bring him. But he is on edge wanting to see our daughter.

"What is taking them so long?" Shawn ponders as he looks over at me. His brown eyes full of worry and anxiety. Before the birth of our daughter, Shawn binged watched all these Lifetime movies about baby snatchers. 

"They are probably just wanting to make sure she is okay," I assure him. However, Shawn plays with the blanket until a couple of hours later. I texted my parents and Manny to let them know that their granddaughter has arrived in the world. 

"Char, can you go ask about our daughter? I am getting separation anxiety," Shawn states honestly. I nod my head heading to the nurses' station demanding to see my daughter. The nurse tells me that they are going to bring her soon. I head back to the room and relay the information to Shawn.

A few moments later our baby is wheeled in a clear baby thing. A pale pink blanket is wrapped around her tightly. A pink beanie fits snug on her head, and the nurse hands our daughter to Shawn. He smiles and the nurse leaves.

"She looks just like me Char but she has your eyes,'' Shawn states honestly as I lean over and he is correct. She does have my eyes those hazel green ones, and the fact she looks like Shawn. 

"She is our miracle Shawn," I state soft;y.

"That is what we should call her, Miracle," Shawn responds and I nod my head in agreement. A few moments later my parents come through the door. My mom has her Prada sunglasses resting on her long brown hair and a pink dress that stops at her knees. My dad, Charles standing right beside her wearing pressed slacks, and a light pink shirt. I have a feeling that was my mom's idea.

"Where is my grandbaby?" Deb demands and Shawn without question or hesitation hands Miracle over to my mom. My mom kisses her on the cheek and she starts to cry. I never have seen my mom moved to tears.

"Charles look at her, she is perfect I am so emotional. Thank god she is a brunette!"