44

I need to get my own studio.

I need to get out on the streets and the clubs to scout more up and coming talent.

None of the previous artists that I produced and wrote albums for are not looking to release anything or simply just do not want to work with me anymore. Wow, how the mighty have fallen. And it does not help that also Alison is bad mouthing me on television as well as my former boss. 

Most people will believe and hear anything. Not bothering to collect the truth for themselves. I get so desperate that I actually post a craigslist ad. Talk about feeling the lowest that I have ever been. Most of my money is pretty much gone. 

It is not right that Shawn six months pregnant has to work two jobs to cover everything for us. I should be the one providing things for him. He should be relaxing, watching boring daytime television, and doing the details of our wedding instead. I feel like such a failure by him.

Our daughter deserves better than a deadbeat father. I never want Shawn or our daughter to think of me as lacking. But, if I could just get one more hit, and get back on top of the game again. I would go on Youtube but since that is where Alison came from, I rather stay away. 

There a ring to my phone and it is from an unknown phone number. At first I think it might be crazy Alison. But whenever I answer it there is a guy on the other end with a deep southern accent. 

"Yo, um dis Charlie Puth?"

"Depends on who is asking," I remark.

"Dis is Pisces well dis my stage name. But imma really Aamir. U produce my cousin's pop album. And she gave me ur numba. Said u nice 2 people n stuff,"

"Whose is your cousin?" 

"Tyresa," He states and it is getting hard to hear him. There is so much noise in the background. Like he might be at a party or a club. But I remember his cousin, Tyresa. I produced her first album then she went into acting. 

"Oh, yeah!" I exclaim happily. "Well, um I need proof you are her cousin. So I have to contact her and get confirmation. Also, do you have any demos you can send my way?"

"Yah I got them on soundcloud, I send them ur way," Aamir remarks. "Tyresa is right next herre. Lemme hand her da phone."

"Yo, Charlie! You crazy bastard!" She proclaims excitedly. "You better hook up my cousin. He got so much talent. I would never recommended him to you if he didn't." 

"It has been awhile. I am glad your movies are doing well. Well, just send me his info and etc. And we can arrange a time and date to meet."

"Alright thanks Charlie! I hope you are cool with producing hip-hop, because Aamir is a rapper. Mostly freestyle through."

The line goes dead and well God works in mysterious ways I guess. I just hope Aamir is as good as Tyresa says he is. I do not have a lot of money to offer him an advance or anything. I might have to take out a loan or whatnot. But, I am getting ahead of myself. 

A few moments later I have his demos and they are fucking fire. He does show a lot of promise through. I use my credit card to book a plane ticket for them and send them the details. I get into my car and head to the apartment. I picked up some Chinese food on the way to surprise Shawn.

Once back at the apartment. I hear sounds of laughter coming from the nursey. Did my mom decide to drop by unannouced? I head to the nursery and then I see Shawn, along with his father Manny. 

The bastard who said he disowned Shawn. What the fuck is going on here? Why do they have the crib set up? That nursery is holy ground and he better get the hell out it.

"Charlie, um I was going to call and tell you," Shawn replies and then the next thing I remember is putting the food down so I could punch Manny in the face.