37

Charlie's POV

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!

I could not believe that Shawn said that. My eyes blink at him in disbelief. I was so sure that he would have still wanted to sleep in the seperate beds. What made him have a change of heart? This idea of forgiveness is still so new to us. I am taken by surprise. 

"Charlie, I am ready to move past this. After such a beautiful evening we should not let it end in separateness," Shawn replies to me, as he stares up at me with those luscious chocolate brown eyes. Those eyes are the perfect shade of brown, and often times I find myself lost in them.  

"Are you sure you are ready for that?" I ask full of concern. I just need to be sure. My brain does not desire to push him past his comfort zone. Yes, it is true that we made some progress. But it just tiny steps to a bigger journey. 

"Yes," Shawn answers assuringly. He nods his head, and his arms enfold around me. The warmth radiance from the embrace. Shawn gives me that boyish smile, that he does whenever he wants is the way. And this moment he can have it. Whatever it is he longs for. 

I gently head up the stairs, careful with each step, and maintaining my balance. Finally, we are at the top of the stairs, and my feet lead me to the familiar white door. I try to reach over but, cannot do it. Shawn reaches around to turn the knob, so I take us inside.

Carefully I lay him down on the bed of plush green blankets and black pillows. The nightstand lamps illuminate the entire room. Shawn slowly removes all his clothes, letting my eyes dance all over him. Damn, he is so sexy and his arms outstretch inviting me to him. 

I strip down to just my briefs and go inside of Shawn's arms. We just lay like this as his fingers dance through my brown hair, and my ear is pressed against his chest. I listen to the musical sound of his heartbeat. Shawn lifts my head and presses his lips to mines, and then tear them away. 

"Charlie, I am sorry for the way I treated you. But, I needed some recovery time. It just hurts so bad," He confesses in a soft tone. His voice is so gentle yet full of sincereness. Honestly, I had no idea I broke his heart like that, and that itself makes me feel like shit. 

"I know baby, I did not mean to break your heart," I confess honestly. Our eyes connect staring deep into each others'. He kisses the top of my shoulder and moves his body the closet he can get to mines. 

"You did Charlie and I did not think I could honestly love you again. But, I do. I love you so much it suffocates me sometimes. The thought of living without you is so much worse than being pissed at you."

"Shawn, I was an idiot and I am so sorry. My heart beats just for you. And my love is all I want to give to you. I rather not live my life if you are not in it. I am being for real. I never said this to anyone before."

"Seriously?"

"Yes," I state them give him a kiss on the cheek. Shawn rolls over on me then places himself on top of me. But, we do not do anything sexual. We just lay together, and the silence fills the space between us and airs out the regret, and heartbreak. We purge ourselves of the bitterness and replace it with love.

"I have a doctors appointment in a couple of days. The doctor says we can know the gender then," Shawn says shattering the silence.

"So you are going to the one that my mom suggested?"

It was just a mere suggestion by my mom after we moved to New York. She said the doctor was a woman she knew in college and would take excellent care of Shawn. Whenever Shawn and I barely were speaking to each other. I did not think he was going to take my mom's advice.

"Yes, and she is very nice Charlie. Your mom was right about her, and she said has delivered other men's babies before. So it makes me more confident, and makes me feel less like a sideshow freak."

"You are not a sideshow freak Shawn. You are perfect, you just happen to be extra special,"

"You think so?"

"I know it," I reply and kiss him. 

"She said there is a support group for men like me. I thought about going but I did not want to go alone." 

"Let me know the time and date so we can go there. It will help to have support from others who have gone or going through what you are experiencing."

What do you all want the baby to be?