25

I LOVE ALL OF YOU THAT HAS READ, COMMENT, AND VOTED ON MY STORY!! 

My mom is still cussing me about being so careless about not using protection with Shawn. How was I going to know that I would get him pregnant? While I understand her concern, I just wish she would get over it. What is done is done. We head to the cafeteria. Where my mom just eyes a salad plate, before begrudgingly deciding on it, and getting some type of sparkling water. 

Which I never understood the concept of that. But, to each their own I guess. I think about getting Shawn a burger but decide against it. Because I have no idea if he would keep it down or if the doctor will have him eating anything. My eyes settled on on a steak and a baked potato which I load down with cheese, butter, and sour cream. 

"You always had the worst diet," My mom remarks as I pay for our food. We settle on a small table near the entrance of the cafeteria. She takes her anger out on her poor salad, stabbing the poor thing with a knife. 

"So? It is my body and I eat what I want," I state before slathering a ton of butter on my steak. My mom makes a squirmish face. My fork and steak knife cut up the meat before I put a big piece in my mouth. Extra annoying my mom in the process.

"Charlie you are acting like you were raised by heathens! The cow is already dead! It  has suffered enough!" 

"But, it tastes so good though," I respond after swallowing the meat. 

"Charlie are you sure you want this baby?" My mom asks seriously then adds. "You have options you know."

"Shawn and I do not want those options. We will keep this baby and raise it as our own. Because that is what it deserves. So save your breath," I say.

"You were always a stubborn son," 

"Yes,"

"And you seriously hit Shawn bareback?"

"Yes, he asked and I happily obligated. I do anything to please my man. And mom please stop saying bareback. You are making like Shawn and I had met up a dirty porn cinema and had seedy sex."

"Well have you, Charlie?"

"Mom, are you seriously asking me questions about my sex life? I digress," I state. I almost want to throw up. But, I don't. But there are lines and she should know that we are not that type of people that openly would talk about that.

No, she had my father talk to me about sex. I was already laughing because by the time my strict Catholic father muscle up the nerve to talk to me about the birds and the bees. I had already had sex. That ship left the harbor. However, I would never tell my dad that and he just stumbled through the talk and ended it with. "Charlie, just remember not everyone is worth giving up your body too."

"Stephen tells me about his all the time,"

"That is because he is a douchebag mom," I point out.

"Well, at least he did not knock someone up out of marriage," She fires back. 

"Give him time and he probably will," I fire back. 

This is so pointless. If she is going to be this way she might as well book her a flight back home. I really was looking forward to having a great time with my mom. And she is ruining it with her attitude. Which part of it is my fault.  She did not expect to receive news that she would be a grandmother.

Okay, my sympathy is with her now. 

"That is not nice to say," She defends him. "And Charlie I do not want to spend this time-fighting. I am just wondering if Shawn is not trying to use this baby as an anchor to stay in America. He is originally from Canada after all."

"He would not do that, and secondly he has already applied for citizenship. That is very hurtful to say," I replied hotly. My hands clutch my napkin so tightly, I thought they might turn blue. Her face is twisted up and is being unforgiving. 

But I get why she is saying what she is saying. My mom does not want me to be taken advantage of. Shawn has matured and come a long way. What we have is real and genuine. I just wish she would open her eyes and see it.

"Charlie, look forgive me. But, I just do not want Shawn to use this baby as a keep a man baby. I know you are very responsible whenever it comes things that matter. And maybe Shawn sees this way that you will always be around."

"It is not like that," I defend my relationship.

I see that Shawn is being wheeled in. The nurse is smiling at me and brings him over to the table. Shawn looks a bit weaker despite being on i.v. fluids and etc. He asks for a burger and the nurse goes to fetch it over.

"Deb, we should have a talk," Shawn replies seriously. "There are somethings I need to get off my chest."