13

My dad is shocked to silence after Shawn's speech. The passion that Shawn used in his voice to convinced my dad that his love for me was sincere. I believe I am crying, crying so hard that Shawn takes me in my arms. And starts to kiss my tears away.

"See, Charles I truly do love your son. I would do anything for him. I think we need to put the pettiness aside," Shawn remarks as he breaks free from me, and then puts his arms around my shoulders. 

"Well, I do hear the sincerity in your voice Shawn. But I would have never guessed in a million years that you would return the love that my son always had for you. You have my blessing as long as you do not hurt him. It was hard enough to watch Charlie crumble whenever the last chode broke his heart. I thought he would never recover." My father replies seriously as he glances over at me. 

James was the guy that broke my heart before. We were in college, and Shawn never knew about him. However, I thought it was love. Truly so much that I turned a blinded eye whenever he flaunted his lovers in front of me, blew most of my money on trips to Vegas, and was shooting up drugs in my bathroom.

It was hard to kick him out, and then board a plane back home to New Jersey that summer. I confessed to my father about everything because he was worried I was spending too much money obtaining the California lifestyle. But my California dreaming was in the form a man who took too much from me, leaving me hurt and heartbroken. 

My parents saw me through those dark times. I returned the falling semester in college vowing to never enter into another relationship until now. Shawn smiling that boyish smile at me, the same one that he would use to get me to do all his homework. His father was such a hardass always telling Shawn he could do and be better. His mom never said a thing but just stood in the background.

My mom would say something if she thought my father was being too demanding. She always believe that we were all own people and that we should be able to make our own mistakes. Live our own dreams. I can see her now, still looking not a day over thirty, thin with dark hair, and eyes to match. The same hair that my siblings and I would all inherit. She always dresses casual, drinking coffee, and going over manuscripts from the publishing house. 

"Well, are you done being a dick because I am starving?" I question to my father. My stomach is angry growling at me. The acid is coming up to the back of my throat leaving a metallic bitter taste. Shawn tugs at the oversize black shirt of mines.

"Done being a dick? Really Charlie? Is that how you talk to your old man?" My dad asks in a joking tone before rubbing my hair. It is getting all out of place now, and Shawn grabs a comb to comb it back.

"Yes," I nod my head. "You always knew my mouth was pretty foul. And besides, you just used the word chode."

"And that is my fault I should have never cussed in front of your kids. Stephen used to go around calling his friends little fuckers."

"Yeah, and poor mom had to handle the calls from their parents," I laugh. 

We are on a good note as we leave the apartment, and get into my dad's black Mercedes. It is not new or anything. My dad is pretty thrifty whenever it comes to money, and will literally drive the same car until it is falling apart. He will also wear the same clothes until they have holes and tears. 

My dad is saying that we have about forty-five minutes until the play begins. But my stomach keeps getting louder and louder. Shawn reaches over to pats it, and then my dad parks the car. He feeds the meter as we get out. We go to some burger place and order burger and fries. Shawn actually does not eat that much, and inhale my food. 

Once lunch is over, we get in the car again and head towards Broadway. My dad keeps saying all these useless facts regarding the play. All the facts that I know, and I tune him out. After all, I am not trying to get any spoilers. We arrive, my dad parks the car, and then we all walk to the theater. 

Shawn lowkey complains about everything here but not within earshot of my father. He does not want to shake the fragile ground. We find our seats, and then we settle in. At intermission I get up and announce I have to go to the bathroom.

"Oh, I need to go to," Shawn replies as he gets up. We make our way to the bathroom and Shawn pulls me inside one of the empty stalls. 

"Charlie, I need you in the worst way right now,"

"Jesus Shawn we are in the bathroom! Can you tone it down?"

"I have no chill whenever it comes to you, Charlie. Plus I am horny," He begs as he gets down on his hands and knees. He is begging me to do go whatever in this bathroom. 

"Okay, fine," I reply as Shawn gets up, and I get on my knees in front of me. I unzip his pants, and my heart is racing. I close my eyes, pucker up my lips, and sucking Shawn off in the bathroom. Lord, help me because apparently, Shawn is causing me to lose all my common sense and the best part about it? 

I love it.