46

Shawn's POV

"Congrats! But we are should not go out because I picked up Chinese food for You and I," Charlie remarks pointing to the large brown paper bag of food. He gives me a kiss right on the lips in front of my dad. He wanted to make sure that my dad truly accepts Charlie and me. 

My dad does not turn away. Instead, he pulls out his phone, takes a photo, and uploads it. I get a ding for a notification. I know of this because I never stopped following my family's social media. I had been keeping tabs on them ever since. 

It makes me proud to read the caption. A smile is brought to my face. "I am so happy son found his soulmate." Is simply all he wrote. Both Charlie and I liked the post. After a few moments, Charlie admires the lily-white baby crib.

"Did you do all of this while I was gone?"

"Well yeah," Manny replies to him. "I hope you like it."

"I do," Charlie approves. 

"Come on I am hungry," I whine as we leave the nursery. Charlie and my dad set up food on the dining table. Charlie gave half of his food to my dad. We ate while we talk about various things. 

"Shawn I wish you would give up one of your jobs," Charlie states to me. "You should not work so hard."

"Well, I like my job so much that I got promoted to supervisor at the call center. Plus it also provides us with benefits," I remark. Also, it provides us with the means to pay the bills while Charlie can scout some talent. He should know that I support him no matter what. 

"So you work two jobs?" My father questions in amazement. "I would never think you would keep one long enough."

"Things change," I answer. "Being with Charlie has made me more responsible. He is good for and to my dad."

"That is true I just love Shawn so much," Charlie says with passion in his voice. It still shakes me to my core. He only has eyes for me, and would never leave me. I never have to worry. What we have is for life and probably after that. 

"Charlie, how is it going for you?" My dad questions.

"Tyresa has a cousin that has some promising talent. So I am going to arrange for them to come here so I produce some tracks. But the problem is that I do not have a lot of money lying around these days. My family is already getting things for the baby and paying for the wedding. I would feel bad to ask for more."

"Then why don't you let me lend you the money? And you can pay it back whenever?" My dad offers.