45

Charlie's POV

I was not wrong to punch Manny and I will not apologize. Shawn slowly helps his father off the ground, while his nose is bloody, and Shawn uses one of the baby clothes to help clean him up. Manny does not even appear to be pissed off. But, I am.

"Charlie you should apologize!" Shawn demands hotly. "You punched him and he did not deserve it!" Shawn's eyes are set ablaze with the fire of anger. But, come again? He is telling that Manny did not deserve it? 

"Excuse me? Are you trying to get me to believe that this low life son of a bitch did not deserve to get hit?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you!" 

"No, Shawn he is right. I did catch that hit because Charlie is right. I am have not been the most accepting of you. And I am full of regret for that right now. I just want us to be a family."

"You still have a lot of fucking nerve man," I reply angrily. "I do not know if I can be all forgiveness and insight. Shawn and I have been struggling. Your wife, Karen told Shawn he must be basically deranged whenever he informed her of our relationship."

"I cannot change what my wife did. Honestly, I cannot take back all the hurtful things that were done. But this is a new day Charlie. And rather you like it or not half of my bloodline is running through your daughter."

"She deserves is to have a family who stans her and not causing additional stress in her life. She is a gift from God, Manny. She should not have to deal with calamity," I remark honestly. 

"Charlie yes I completely agree. This is why we need to band together and be a family," Manny stresses. He is being serious and the blood has dried up around his nose. It is all crusted now, and he refuses to let Shawn clean it.

And there is Shawn caught in the middle. I know that he has wished for this day to come. For at least one of his parents to accept him. While I would have never guessed Manny would have been the first one to come around. But, I think of Shawn's emotional well-being. 

"Charlie, just let it be. He is here now," Shawn answers. "And you are talking about stress. Well, think of all I have gone through? My father is willing to accept me now. Yes, I was pissed off too but, now that does not matter."

"You are right," I nod my head. "Well, I guess welcome to the family again Manny. If you fuck it up then you will be tossed out."

"Well, then I will not."

"Let us all go to dinner! I got a promotion at work and with this good news unraveling we should celebrate!"