47

Charlie's POV

I am stunned at what I am hearing but, at the same time. I could not begin to fathom that Manny would remotely help me. After all, I did get a hothead and punch him. But still, I had my reasons not trying to justify it or anything. 

"I am a businessman and it would be a wise investment for me. You would not have to listen to these people bad mouth you. And Charlie you should sue them by the way," Manny remarks as he rubs his face with a napkin. I can already tell he is calculating costs, and drawing up a contract with his lawyer. 

"I do not have the money to take them to court or else I would have," I remark sadly. "And if we do this how do you want me to repay you back?"

"Not right away because that would be foolish. But maybe after you get your debts settled and can start making payments," Manny answers. 

"I have to think about it," I state honestly. This would mean that Manny could have total control in the studio. He knows nothing about making music. I just do not need to rush into this lightly. So, I will weight the pros and cons.

"It is a lot to process so please take your time and the contract will be on your terms. If you are worrying that I am to come in and take total control you are wrong. I do not know shit about making music. So I would just be more of silent investor Charlie," Manny responds truthfully. 

Which makes he motivates a bit more suspicious but, at the same time he could be upfront about everything. Plus again I do not want to dive into something with our lawyer's meeting and etc. Shawn takes my hand, rubbing it, and nods his head.

"Charlie will contact you dad in a few days with his decision. But thank you so much for giving us this opportunity. We will be in touch," Shawn says. He walks his father out, they talk about the delivery date, and exchange phone numbers. 

A few weeks later, I am still thinking about the studio investment. Manny and I have been in contact but we manage to avoid the actual issue. Shawn and I have discussed it but, does not pressure me into anything. And the idea of having my own studio has been a seed of mines for many years but just never planted it. I get a phone call from Manny.

"Charlie! How are you? Have you given this some thought?"

"Yes, how soon can we have a meeting?"