59

Charlie's POV

"Could I watch Miracle while you are in California?" Manny questions in a gentle tone. I should hate this man with everything in me. But I really cannot. I wish I could not be so cold towards him but, because how he treated Shawn it just adds to it. 

"I am not so sure," I answer honestly. Shawn gives me a mean look. But, this is our daughter that we would be entrusting in his care. A daughter that barely knows her grandfather. Shawn opens his mouth to speak but I hush him. 

"Manny, as much as I would like you to watch our daughter. The relationship that we have right now is still new. How you raised Shawn and etc you were not really the greatest dad. Plus Karen would be around Miracle and honestly, how do I know she would not do something? 

She hates Shawn and me would not put it past her to do something to Miracle. I just in all my hearts of hearts cannot let you be around her right now. I would be a bad parent and that is something that I am not." I respond and hold Miracle tighter.

Shawn has to realize this. I am not being a dickhead I am trying to do what is best for Miracle. Manny just came back into our lives so I am not willing to hand over our daughter for him to watch. He has to earn his trust back. Plus I just do not like the idea of her being around Karen at all. 

"Charlie you need to give him a second chance. He proved himself by showing up at our wedding," Shawn pleads. 

"Shawn I will not bend on this one please understand. I know he has helped us out tremendously-,"

"Charlie is right Shawn I understand. We will get together soon. You go have fun in California," Manny replies dissappointed. His brown eyes hold tears. Manny is deeply hurt. But, what did he expect? 

"Wait," Shawn pauses and then finishes his sentence. "What if my dad comes to California with us? We could him a hotel room next to us and then we can always check in on Miracle before and after the Grammys?"

"That is not a bad idea," Manny replies with hope. 

"Okay that is fine. But Karen is not allowed to go. So do not ask. Go pack your clothes and I need to see if I can get another ticket on the flight there," I reply. After I log unto my phone, and see if there is any seats left on the flight which to my surprise there is. So I get one for Manny. 

Several hours later we are in Los Angeles for the grammy. We just selected a hotel and took an uber. Once we check in, Pisces meets with us to go over everything and then goes back to his room. I text him the information and where we ae going to meet. Manny is in our room holding Miracle. 

I would like to take our daughter to the grammys but she is too young. Shawn and I both kiss her on the forehead. Shawn feeds her a bottle, changes her, and then she falls asleep inside of Manny's arms.

"You have our cell phone, so please call if there is an emergency," I reply. Manny nods his head. Shawn and I change into white tuxedos, both tying each other ties, and then doing our hair. We hug Miracle then we leave. 

Finally we are at the show, and meet up with Pisces. He is wearing a long sleeve dress shirt, with some tight black pants, and slacks. He has dreadlocks in his hair, and glasses on his face. We walk the red carpet. Pisces gives a few interviews, and signs autographs. We head inside to take our seats.

Pisces sees Jay-Z and starts to freak out. We had to calm him down, the show starts a few moments later. Whenever it comes to song of the year, we all hold our breaths. Adele is up there reading off the nominees. 

"And the grammy goes too...... PISCES!" She yells into the microphone.

"Did? Did she really just say my name?" Pisces questions in disabelief. 

"Yes!" Shawn exclaims. "Go get what is yours!"

Pisces literally goes to hug Jay-Z which he just gives him a WTF expression. After which Pisces runs up on the stage, and then glances at the Grammy. He focuses his attention to the crowd the goes into an acceptance speech.

"I would like to thank my homie Jesus because without him this would not have been possible. To my baby mama, Kenya. I promised once I made it I would marry the hell out of you. Well, I will baby I love you. And to my son, if anyone ever tell you cannot achieve your dreams then you tell them that you can. Prove them wrong.

To my cousin Tynesa who believed in me. My fans who made this possible for me. Charlie Puth who took a chance on me to produce this record. Yall he just go married and had a baby so congrats to you man! I LOVE YOU ALL AND I AM DONE! 

OH JAY-Z I AM SORRY ABOUT HUGGING YOU. BUT YOU ARE THE REASON I GOT INTO THE RAP GAME!"