36

Shawn's POV

"Of course I forgive you," I reply in an honest tone. I just need to see the repentance in his voice and on his face. I will literally go through hell and back for Charlie. And these couple of months I have felt that I had. 

 Lately, yes I have been using work as a means of keeping him at bay. Mostly because we do need some stable income but, that was not the main reason. I just could not glance over at him without the awareness of the invisible knife stabbing me in the back. 

With each twist, I was reminded of the painful betrayal. Every emotion as real, as it just hurt me so bad. He did not have to cheat on me. It was the audacity of adultery. Brutal, and everlasting. 

His words would fade from me just like the sunset. Each glance was like a phantom that kept haunting. I could not bear for him to touch me at night. Hense the reasons we slept in separate beds. Charlie did not object even though he should have. 

Every night I lie there feeling the baby growing. My abs are slowly fading now since the bump is becoming visible. I would just trace along it like it is a rare butterfly or something. 

Now I feel more connected to him. He is sincere in his motives and his feelings. Charlie was never good at expressing them which I was known that is why a lot of his relationships have ended. But now here he is asking me for forgiveness.

But I meant what I said. I will stand by my words and uphold Charlie to it. I will not be like my mother and turn a blind eye. Charlie and I will not have a repeated relationship that my parents had. I long for us to be different. But now he has to show me how much I mean to him. 

"Earlier my mom came by and left a casserole she made. it was one of your favorites. Shawn, I love you. You are everything that matters me and more."

"Words are cheap so show me how much I truly mean," I remark moving closer to him. Our bodies almost colliding against the tension. Charlie presses his lips my lips, his kisses are full of passion, and then they move down to my jawline. 

"No sex Charlie," I reply then stop his kisses. "Please just hold me."

"Okay, baby whatever you wish," Charlie states sincerely. As he pulls his arms around my stomach but the bump is poking at him. His hand goes to it and caresses it. My head goes to his shoulder. We stand there for an hour until I feel my stomach growling and my feet getting weak. 

My feet have been hurting from all the overtime. Charlie immediately senses that I am hungry and extremely tired. He breaks away from me, walking to the kitchen, putting in the casserole in the oven, turning it on, and setting the timer. 

I set the table, and get out a couple of glasses of water. Charlie insists that we eat in the living room so we could watch a movie on Netflix. I do not object and move everything over to the coffee table. A light a candle so it will be romantic, and the scent perfumes my nose. 

The time goes off, and Charlie gets the casserole out of the oven. I see it is bubbly and delicious. Charlie lets it cool before cutting half of it and putting on a large plate. We walk over the couch and separates the casserole into the tiny plates. He does not object whenever I select a romantic comedy so we settle in. 

"What type of casserole is this?" I question.

"Cheeseburger mac and cheese," He answers with a smile.

"Deb, always knew that was favorite. She used to make it for us all the time," I reply as I remember all those times I ventured over to Charlie's house. And they always had lively family dinners unlike my own. Which was silent, with my mom. If my dad ever bothered to show up they would fight. 

"She thought I could use this as a way to show you how much you mean to me. A bargaining tool." 

"She was right about that," I say and then smile big. I dig in and eat until I am fully stuffed. Feeling like I am going to bust at the seams. But little Sharlie baby should be happy for the dinner for once it is not getting something out of a vending machine. 

"Shawn let me rub your feet," He insists after he has finished eating.  Gladly I shift my feet from the ground and up to the couch. Charlie removes my shoes, applies lotion to my feet as he massages both of them. Charlie does not rush but takes his him.

I feel so good that I do not notice that I have nodded off. Charlie picks me up and goes to put me in the guestroom. However, after a little progress, our night should not end like that. 

"Char we should begin again to sleep in the same bed," I remark softly.

"Are you sure?" He questions with surprise.