34

Shawn's POV

I think I am going to morph into my mom. Whenever my dad would cheat on her she just pretended to live in a state of denial. A drink here or there, sitting in a black room playing shitty albums and just escaping into another world. Must be what adultery feels like. 

 But fuck Charlie for making me feel this way. Rather or not he took Alison to bed was beside the point. My emotional mindset is still a vast hurricane and destroying all my hopeful thoughts. Alison actually laughed on the phone, threatening that I could never be half the lover she is.

Alison is dead wrong. I love Charlie with everything in me. I would literally cut out one of my kidneys if he needed one. But, to actually think that I am not good enough. The fact that  I can just lie in this hospital bed, staring at the ceiling, and our baby growing inside of us. I want to cry, I need to scream, and get out. But I cannot, I just lie here like a lazy cat. 

Charlie worried over money. People think that producers make tons of money but, Charlie only maybe just made a lot just within the past couple of years. But the cost of living in California is extremely high, and plus all the times that he helped me out whenever I was low on money. 

But I am serious about getting a job. We are going to need the extra income. Charlie is dead wrong if he does not think I am going to work while I am pregnant. I will get two jobs if that means that we will not have to struggle. 

Charlie keeps kissing me. But my emotions are not there. It is like I have shut them off until Charlie can prove his worth to me again.