20

"Char say something!" Shawn exclaims as he looks down at me. Honestly, I am speechless I do not know what to say. I still think this is all a dream and any moment that I will wake up. 

"I do not know what to think Shawn," I state as he lifts me down and my feet touch the ground. The water crash against my feet. It is a tad bit warmer. Shawn stands in front of me and traces the outline of my face.

A few hours ago, I was drunk and crying out of heartbreak. Now, I am in the sun, on a beach, and Shawn just popped the question to me. My mind is going a million miles an hour. Nothing seems to fit but, then again it does.

"A simple yes would have done just fine," Shawn jokes then messes up my hair. I love this playful side of him. But still, so many questions are left unanswered. When did he see his father? Did Manny get on a plane to see him? 

"But why should we get married? And what was the thing with your father?" I ask trying to get some insight on this situation. I would have loved to have said yes but, I want it to feel right. I love this man with everything in me. But, I do not want us to be two fools rushing into something. 

"He came to my apartment here. He said some pretty hateful words about how he did not raise a dicksucker, and how disappointed he was in me. And then he said he could not look me in the eye knowing I was in love with you Charlie. Then he vowed to keep us apart no matter what he had to do.

And that is when I said some words to him. The next thing I know I punched him really hard in the face. There was blood, but I did not care. For once in my life, I stood up to him. And if he tried to fight me but, I did not let him. I literally shoved him out my door."

"So basically he disowned you," I replied sympathetically. I know that a lot of parents are not as understanding as mine are. And it hurts that Manny does not understand that this was not a choice to Shawn. He was born this way, and nothing Manny could do would change that. But, people can be such chodes through. 

"Technically no but, I do not want him in my life if he thinks that I would be better off without you," Shawn reveals softly. "For the first time Char, I feel so at home and at peace. I love you so much that the mere thought of us apart would be like going through the seven layers of hell. I would not want to do endure that."

"I am glad you stood up to him," I reply and pull him closer. I kiss him, passionately, and my hands reach inside and get him off quickly. Shawn and I run back to his car, and at this moment we are free. 

"We do not have to go to Vegas through," I state as Shawn shifts his jeep into gear. We stop at a stop sign and he glances at me confused. 

"It just would not be right. My parents, they would probably be glad to throw us a proper wedding. And I just could not break my mom's heart to tell us we got married in some cheap ass chapel in Vegas. I want our wedding to mean something, Shawnie. That one day our kids will look back at our wedding photos with such awe."

"So are you telling me that you will marry me?"

"Better yet," I reply as I get out of the jeep. I run around until I find a pawn shop. I just pick out a silver ring and run back to the car. Shawn thinks I have lost my mind, and he is right. I put the ring on his ring finger. 

"Will you Shawn Peter Raul Mendes do me the honor of being my husband?"