3

Thank you so much to @amina50 for her amazing comment on the last chapter of this story. It is comments like these that keep me going, and writing. :)!

"But what about the album you are working on? Isn't your boss going to be pissed?" Shawn questions and his brown eyes filled with worry. I swear sometimes those eyes can drag into the depths of paradise and leave me there. Those eyes can see to the bottom of my soul, and want to save me.

I never told Shawn out right that I compare all my lovers to him. That none of them would or could measure up to him. Shawn thinks I might get fired, and in this second his genuine concern is a turn on. But, I could never let him know that.

"Shawn I got that handled just like Olivia Pope does on Scandal," I reply and then take a sip of my coke

"Shawn I got that handled just like Olivia Pope does on Scandal," I reply and then take a sip of my coke. I wish that I order a beer. But I learned a long time ago never to drink and come in on my job. Shawn manages to sneak the sake away from me and drink the rest. 

"I love that show!" He giggles as the waitress bring out more of the sake. 

"Yes, I know that you do, you binged watched it whenever you hacked my Netflix," I tease him and then slap his hand

"Yes, I know that you do, you binged watched it whenever you hacked my Netflix," I tease him and then slap his hand. "Stop no more sake! You are going to regret it!" 

Shawn does not listen to me, and then takes a picture of us. Then posts it to his Instagram. Of course, I get a ding for a notification. We follow each other on all our social media accounts. Shawn put a billion hashtags of course, and and the photo does look incredibly cheesy. With Shawn with a grin holding up a sake cup, and me with the red dots in my eyes. 

"So are you serious about me going to New York with you? Because you do know I love that city," Shawn giggles a little too much. He is getting sloppy the more and more sake that he drinks. Finally, I tell the waitress do not bring any more sake around. Clearly, I am going to have to help a drunk Shawn out of the restaurant.

"I thought it was Los Angeles?" 

"Nope New York. My parents keep an apartment there Fifth Avenue," Shawn reveals. The more the alcohol hits the more truths spills his mouth. "My dad also has affairs there but, my mom pretends that she does not know. You know the thing about rich married women always turning a blind eye." 

"Gosh Shawn that is horrible," I reply in a soft tone my hand reaching across the table for his. This brown eyes almost are with tears, and then he clears his throat. "Not everyone could be as happy as your parents Charlie. Your dad he truly loves your mom."

"Yeah, I know," I remark and instantly filled with guilt. Shawn's parents always kept up the facade that nothing was going wrong in their marriage. And now Shawn has told a different side. There are always two stories for the truth. 

"Charlie, I do believe I am drunk," Shawn confesses then laughs.

"Then, I will take care of your drunk ass," I reply to him. The waitress comes over with the bill. I pay for it. I get up out of my seat and help Shawn out of the restaurant. He is towering over me like a tower, and yet here I am trying to be his shade. 

Once I get him in my car and drive back to my house that is on the outskirts of Los Angeles. I send a text to my boss letting him know that I need some time before I can complete the record. I turn off my phone, and not wanting to look at it. At least not now whenever I have Shawn literally trying to get off my white leather couch my mom got me from Italy. 

"Shawn, stop no!" I exclaim. 

"Charlie take me for a walk!" Shawn states sloppily. He stumbles nearly colliding into my glass coffee table. A present from my sister whenever I moved out here. Of course, pretty much all this stuff in my house was brought by members of my family. It was their way of trying to have a bit of home since I was far away from mines in New Jersey. 

I catch him in my arms before he collides with the glass table. Shawn glances up at me, his face so close to mines. I can see his handsome features so clearly now and then Shawn almost leans in. But, I shake my head. This would not be right to get a drunken kiss from Shawn.

"Charlie, you are so handsome, why haven't I notice before? Even with that crooked eyebrow?" Shawn questions softly as his left index finger traces along it. I sunk in the tiny bit of hair between us. 

"Maybe you was always looking at everyone but me," I remark.

"That is true," Shawn replies honestly. "I always wonder....nevermind....Charlie, I need to lay down I think I am going to vomit."

And he does all over my clothes.

And my rug. 

But his words haunt me. They hang over my mind like a ghost. But could it be that Shawn was always afraid to admit his feelings for me? But, could it possible? Shawn is pretty straight. And maybe I should not be thinking so much about it? Considering that he might not even remember any of this in the morning. 

I clean up Shawn and make sure he gets some food and water. After I am sure that he is okay I go take a shower, change into some clothes. I pack a suitcase for Shawn but, my clothes were always too small on him. 

As creepy as it sounds. I watch Shawn sleep, tossing, turning, and mumbling things. His left one leg hanging off the couch. The next morning, Shawn gets back in sweating for a jog, eats some breakfast, and then takes a shower. I remind him we have to catch a flight to New York, and he talking so happily. I change my clothes again and grab the suitcase.

"I am so happy!" Shawn exclaims as we board the plane. I never fly first class even though I can afford it. I always thought it was a bit pompous. But, to each their own. Shawn brings out sunglasses and downs three glasses of orange juice.

We finally arrive in New York City. We get into the rental car that I arranged before hand. I park in the garage of my penthouse on the Upper East side. My dad helped me get a great deal on this place whenever I told him I was looking for a place to live in New York. I unlock the door with my key and step inside. Shawn gasps behind me. 

"Oh my god Charlie, why did you not tell me you owned something this beautiful?"