57

Charlie's POV

I HATED THE LAST THING I WROTE SO I REWROTE IT! 

What in the actual hell is going on? Did my wedding somehow got transported to a daytime talk show gig? Manny looks like the verge of tears, as his brown eyes are going to spring for them at any moment. Shawn glances at him confused and does not know what to say.

This is so awkward. 

"Excuse me but what the hell?" My mom questions to Manny. Her hands go to her hips. A white dress fights perfectly over her body. A body that she spends two hours in the gym to achieve. She never believed in letting herself go. 

Now she is like a hurricane force wind. Manny smooths out his black three piece suite and rakes his hand through his brown hair. The same color that Shawn would inherit. Actually, I always thought Shawn and Manny were mirror images of each other. 

"I want to be apart of my son's special day. He deserves to have at least one member of his family here," Manny states as he glances at Shawn then at Miracle. My mom holds onto her tightly. 

"Do not act brand new! Do you not remember the hospital? When YOUR wife told YOUR son to make a choice? And you JUST went along with it! Now you are desiring to waltz up in here like nothing has changed? Are you special?" 

"I cannot make up for what my wife did. But I believe she was wrong and we had an argument about it whenever we left the hospital. I kept trying to reason with her but she would not have it. I tried to pick up the phone to call but I had no idea what I would say to my son. I realize this is in bad taste but whenever I overheard you on the phone making arrangments for the wedding. I had to be here."

"We do not want you here!" Deb proclaims hotly. "Take your ass back to your house across the street."

"No," Shawn replies and then glances at his father. "If he wants to be here. He should. He cannot undo the mistakes of my mom. But, him showing up here is massive. Honestly, he has done a lot more for us than my mom ever did. Please, Deb, I understand you are mad but let it go."

"Okay, I will for you but, Manny do not stand anywhere near me!" 

"But I deserved," Manny begins and then my mom interrupts him.

"A good kick in the ass," She finishes. "I am mad as hell. So this will take some time. But for today I will put my bitterness aside. Because it about Shawn and Charlie and their wedding." 

Miracle starts crying my mom calms her down, and tries to sing her a song.

"Let me have her," Shawn replies as he outstretches his arms.

"No!" My mom hisses.

Shawn still reaches for and takes Miracle anyways. Which now she remains calm, falling asleep against his shoulder. The priest goes through the vows, and I am crying. I am marrying the man that I loved for so many years, a love that I thought would be impossible to be returned. As Shawn repeats the vows they become more.

They are more than just words spewed to unite two people. Shawn says them with such tenderness emotions and love. He wipes the tears from my eyes as he places his grandfather's ring on my finger. I repeat the vows back to him and slipping on the ring that I got him from the pawn shop.

"If anyone objects-," The priest begins. My mom turns to the family glaring at him evilly and then replies. "Forgive me father but if anyone objects to Sharlie being together. Then I will put them in a chokehold!"

Shawn and I cackle. Because we both know that my mom would do it. She might be small but she is mighty. After a few moments pass the priest pronounce Shawn and me husbands and we kiss each other.