27

Charlie's POV

After dinner, my mom walks with me while I wheel Shawn back to his room. He looks bloated a bit, from all the food but, he does not look ghastly pale. Like he did previously, and he managed to keep everything down. Despite looking a bit queasy.

I help back into his hospital bed and take a chair to sit beside him. My mom phone goes off and she leaves to answer it. The doctor comes back and takes a look at Shawn's vitals. 

"Well, Shawn just to be safe I want to keep you here overnight and tomorrow. Until I am sure that you are fully hydrated. Your blood pressure is still a bit low but I think it should return to normal. After you leave here you need to see an Obstetrician so you can get check-ups with the baby, and get parental vitals." 

"What is an Obstetrician?" Shawn questions and appears to be confused. Everything is overwhelming to him now. His life has changed dramatically. 

"A doctor that takes care of you during pregnancy and childbirth. It is important that you see one Shawn because you need to know how the baby is doing and growing."

"I hate taking vitamins! Yuck!" Shawn exclaims, making a face, and sticking his tongue out.

"It is important that you take them through for the baby at least," The doctor replies then makes notes on his tablet. "I can give you a few doctors you can go to on your discharge papers."

"Okay," Shawn replies and the doctor leaves. A concerned look has crept on his face, and he places his hands over his stomach. It is a lot to take him, and my heart goes out to him. 

 "Well, my insurance at the restaurant does not kick in for another ninety days. I am already stressing about this hospital bill. Charlie and now we have to not only pay for a wedding but provide for this child. How will we do it?"

"You do not worry about it. I can pay for all your visits until the insurance kicks in. And the wedding well I can talk my parents into seeing if they can pay for it. Everything will work out Shawn. Please do not worry."

"But it is hard not too, and your parents will just see me as more a golddigger than they already do."

"I will talk to them about the wedding," I reply seriously to him. "Please relax baby."

I understand his worry. He is trying to prove himself but, he can take his time. I just do not want him to be so overburdened. I climb inside the hospital bed putting my hand on his chest. Shawn smiles as he runs his fingers through his hair. 

My mom burst through the door, yelling and screaming happily. I am guessing she already broke the news to my family about the upcoming wedding and the grandchild. My mom sits on the other side of the bed. 

"Your father is excited, Charlie. He already babies registering at every baby stores. So you two do not worry about a damn thing regarding supplies."

"Mom we can buy stuff," I point out.

"You shut up and let us spoil our grandchild," My mom replies. 

A guilt look creeps across Shawn's face. He does not know what to make of it. I rub my hand against his. My mom immediately takes Shawn's face into her hands.

"Shawn I am sorry about my harsh words before. Forgive me?"

"Okay but this is all so much," Shawn states. "You do not have to buy everything. We still are trying come up with money for the wedding. Charlie was going to ask you but, you are already doing this."

"Well, then we more. Shawn, we will be family now, so it is only right."