28

Shawn's POV

Well this is my life now. Deb and Charlie are debating on where to hold the wedding. I feel like I am having an out of body experience. Like I am here and but not really. I wish I could talk to my mom but that would be a lost cause. She would never stand up to my father, so I am pretty much dead to my family.

Deb is nice but I just do not feel comfortable with her enough to ask personal questions. And Charlie would not understand because well he is not pregnant. My hand rests on top of my the little alien growing inside of me. I really should not call a baby that but, I cannot think of any other clever nicknames to call our Sharlie baby.

I really dig that shipname that Deb dubbed us. I keep thinking who baby would look like. It would be nice if alien had Charlie's eyes and my hair. I do not even know if I want a son or daughter. I just know I want a healthy baby but, I am scared of what to do to get there. 

I have no idea. 

I did not even know I could be pregnant. 

Yet here I am.

 "Shawn you need some water!" Deb exclaims in her loud voice. Charlie immediately, pours some water in a cup and brings the straw to my lips. He pushes my brown hair back with his free hand. 

"Are you feeling okay? You look a bit flushed?" Charlie asks full of concerned.

"Yeah, just pondering on a lot of things," I remark then slip the water. It is refreshing as it does down. Deb states asking me a series of questions and I just stare at her. I have no idea what to say or do next.

"Shawn, I just want to let you know that you can talk to me about anything. I mean it. Especially anything regarding the baby. You are not alone."

"Kinda of feels like it," 

"What can I do to make it better?" Charlie questions taking my hand into his. He rubs the side of my left cheek. But how can I tell them that I long to speak to my mom? And that if I was to call her she probably would never answer her phone?

"He wants to speak to Karen," Deb correct guesses. "Charlie, he feels alone because he need to speak to his mom."

"But he has you," Charlie points out. But he is not getting it. Deb shakes her hand and tries to to discuss to Charlie. But it is like the point just goes over his well combed slicked back hair. 

"That is not the same," She replies. "Do you want me to call her?"

"Why? She is not going to answer."

"You never know," Deb replies getting her phone. "If I call from my phone she could answer. Hold on tight."

Deb calls my mom putting her on speaker but it just rings, rings, and rings. Just like I knew it would. Then goes to voicemail. Then she tries again and the same result. Deb shoots me an apologetic look. Then a few moments later, Deb's phone rings and she answers. 

"Karen is that you?"