15

We get to the airport and Shawn nearly knocks down everyone in his path to get to a bakery. Muffins and Shawn go way back. He gets the biggest blueberry muffin there and pays for it. 

He takes his time savoring and eating the muffin. While on the way to the security gate thing for TSA. We stand in this long line of people while the suitcase, IPad, and our phones get puts in trays. Once we are cleared we collect our belongs, and head towards the gate. We almost missed the flight. 

I take Shawn to our first class seats. Which is weird because I never fly first class. But, I felt it was something that I could give a try. Shawn already in his seat, with a flute or champagne, and yet another muffin. I swear he has the metabolism of a cheetah. I settle with a Jack and coke while Shawn puts his hand into mines. A couple keeps staring at us but, I ignore them. But Shawn does not. 

"Excuse me? Why are you looking over here?" Shawn asks the question rudely. His hands go to his hips, his brown eyes afire with madness. The couple is speechless not knowing what to say. I just slap Shawn's hand and tell him to focus his attention else well. 

"Can I get another muffin?" He pleads with me. 

"You already had two you really do not need anymore," I point out. But, Shawn ignores me as he downs another flute of champagne. And orders another muffin from the flight attendant. 

I am still nursing my jack and coke. I have never been that much of a big drinker. And maybe only been drunk a handful of times in my life. I just do not like the after effects of drinking, stomach hurting, the hangover, the headache, and throwing up. Shawn glanced over at me as if he wants to say something but, does not. 

"What is it?" I poke at him. 

"Nah," Shawn answers as he stares out the window. He puts his hands on the glass. His hand is so big it nearly takes over the window. 

"No what is it?" 

"Remember the first time we met? How awkward we both were?" 

"Yeah, we were both freshmen and both had braces," I laugh. "And then you say something stupid and I remember this guy is an idiot. But, I was very wrong and I am glad that I did not go with my first impression."

"You really thought I was an idiot?"

"What else was I to think if you asked if I manage to score with any of the cheerleaders? Did I look like I was rolling through with the popular crowd? Dude most of the time people were trying to stuff me in a locker and yell insults at me."

"Remember when that guy tried to beat me down and you tripped him up?"

"Yeah, I just could not stand the thought of someone hurting you. Not then and not ever." 

"Char, you really mean that don't you?"

"Of course." 

Shawn soon passes out after twenty minutes. His muffin was half eaten, so I wrap it, put it in a ziplock bag, and put in my pocket for later.  Whenever our flight lands, Shawn wakes up, and then we get off the plane. Outside of the airport, there are a lot of photographers that take my pictures and then one of them ask if I am dating the attractive brunette guy. 

"Yes, please step aside you vultures," I respond and Shawn beams. 

"Did you just go public with us?"

"Why not?" 

"I am still in the closet Char! My parents do not even know!" Shawn exclaims furiously. He storms off and hails a taxi. Shawn does not listen to me and then gets inside the taxi. They drive off, and I go to my car. I call and text Shawn but he does not respond. 

A few hours later I get a call from my phone. Thinking it is Shawn I answer it. Only to find a pissed off Manny, Shawn's father on the line.

"You fucking faggot! You fucking disgust me! How dare you turn my son into a queer!" He roars into the phone.