54

Shawn's POV

It has been two weeks since  Charlie and I have brought home Miracle. Two weeks since I have heard from my parents. I think it is sad that my mom thought the best way to come back into my life was to make a scene in the hospital.

That is fine.

We do not need either one of them.

I have my new family now.

A beautiful daughter that Charlie and I created together. She is sleeping in my arms right now. Charlie dressed her in a cute panda oneies, and a panda face beanie. Deb actually made her a deep purple baby blanket and Charlie wrapped around her this morning. 

I just fed her, soy milk from a local organic store. We tried different types of milk but this seems to be the one that Miracle likes the best. Charlie has been in the studio producing more tracks for other Hip-hop artists. Once word got out about him turning Pisces into a major hit and possibly Grammy winner. A lot of others are hopeful as well.

The maternity leave from my job will cover the next four weeks then I have to return to work. Deb has agreed to watch Miracle if Charlie is not available to do so. Miracle stirs a bit then cracks a tiny smile. 

A couple of arms later, I am still holding on to Miracle. I am going to put her down in her crib until Charlie burst through the door, and gives me a big kiss. 

"Shawn the word on the street is that Pisces has won a couple of Grammys!" Charlie squeals happily. "We need to pack and fly out to California."

"Are you serious?!" I exclaim happily. A piece of my still visible post-baby bump is hanging out of my shirt. Charlie still keeps insisting that I keep the weight on. That he likes me better this way. I do not believe him and promise myself to start working out again soon. 

"Yes! As a heart attack!" Charlie proclaims. "I got word just now!"

"Well, there is one thing that we need to do before we go to California," I state seriously glancing into his green eyes.

"That I need to knock you up with another baby? Yeah?" Charlie remarks then smile big. 

"What? No, you idiot! We need to get married!"