53

Charlie's POV

I cannot believe that his mom is here. After everything she said and did to Shawn. I hope she does not think she can just waltz in here like she is damn Mary Poppins and everything will be solved with a spoonful of sugar. Hell to the no. This trifling heifer needs to go.

"Karen, I do not think it is a good idea for you to be here," My mom speaks up. Shattering the silence of disbelief. My father's hand is gripping her shoulder to try to hold her back. My mom is like a mamma lioness trying to defend her grandcub. 

My mom hands Miracle off to me. The sleeping little angel that is so unaware of the world. Just in a restful little bliss. I just want to hold on to her forever, and not let the evil of the world taint her. 

"She is my granddaughter too!" Karen screams at my mom. 

"Oh hell no bitch! Don't you remember what you told me on the phone? Whenever Shawn came out to you? What was it? That I was lying and you basically told Shawn was mentally ill?" 

"Things change Deb and so do people. I am telling you I was wrong for what I said to Shawn. But I did not know any better. His whole life he dated girls and it was quite a shock that he was with Charlie. I just could not process nor handle it."

"While you were busy shunning your son! My family and I stepped up the plate and help Shawn and Charlie pay their bills! We brought things for our grandchild! We was there for them where you both fucked off to Portugal! So forgive me for not standing here with extending my arms open to hug you!" My mom yells at the top of her lungs. 

She is just putting out there the truth. Serving it up hard and cold. They should have known that it was not going to be like acceptance. Karen turned her back on Shawn whenever he needed her the most. And until Manny came around all he had was my family and me. 

"Mom, the timing is all wrong. Please give me space," Shawn pleads. 

"Are you serious?" Karen questions hotly. 

"Yes, I am complete," Shawn replies gently. "You turned your back on me. And it hurt a lot of times I cried myself to sleep because you decided not to love me anymore. Therefore I thought Miracle would never get to know my family." 

"Think about what you are asking Shawn," Karen threatens as she narrows her eyes. "We might not come back again if you kick us out."

"Then you now know how it feels," Shawn replies coldly.