52

Shawn's POV

"Charles, will you look at this tiny angel? I feel like my heart is going to burst!" Deb says happily. She is amazed that she has a granddaughter now. Miracle is proving to live up to her name, and Deb is squealing over all the time she wants to spend with her. 

I still cannot believe that such a beautiful little girl was born to me. Right now she is so new, fragile just like a glass doll. Those green eyes are pretty much going to stand out on her face. Deb literally fights Charlie whenever he asks to hold Miracle.

My dad still has not shown up or responded to my messages. Was this all just for show for him? Maybe he was just being nice to me. Somehow deep down inside I should not allow myself to believe my father could do more. 

Charlie has both of his parents here. As Deb is trying to keep Charlie at bay so she can spend more time with her grandbaby. "Charlie you get to spend most of her day and your life with her. I will only get to spend maybe just a few days or weeks at the most. So back off!"

A few hours later I must have drifted off to a deep sleep. Charlie awakes me by tapping me on my shoulder. I cannot believe what I am seeing. Both of my parents are here, and my mom actually has tears in her eyes.