Vampire and Slayer-(23 At Death Do We Part)

Start from the beginning

The wind rushed by and the smoke burned my eyes. Flames leapt out at me as I entered the forest. Embers littered the floor and I wondered how much time had passed during my fight with Taylor. I ran through the maze looking for people. Anyone would do...I needed some sign that these flames hadn't consumed everyone.

Someone grunted from my left and I looked into a wall of flames. There was a small crack off to the left so I slipped through, not liking sensation of burning. Two vampires were corned by three slayers with burning sticks in their hand. The undead glanced at me and gave looks of relief then went back to eyeing their attackers. The slayers looked at me with relief at first too, but then realized who I was and one lurched at me with betrayed horror.

I kicked her torch arm and punched her head. She fell to the ground and grabbed my legs. My body hit the hard dirt, sticks, and rocks with a loud, CRUNCH. Her dagger came down on my head and my hurt arm flung out to block it. The pain seared and I knew the bone may never be able to heal, if I were to stay a slayer. My knife connected with her stomach and I flung her off of me. I pulled it out and repetitively stabbed her heart then climbed easily to my feet.

The blade glistened with blood but I kept in my hand, my hold unbreakable. One vampire, named Leon, I think, was struggling. One of his arms had burnt off before he had been able to extinguish the fire. I took out his slayer and he shot me a thankful glance. We triple-teamed the other slayer and hurried anxiously out of the fire.

They went to the left and I went to the right. We explored the maze of flame desperately. I found another vampire and slayer in three minutes. I tried to save the vampire but the slayer shoved him into the flames before I could kill her. Not a tear I shed.

I found Ben two dead slayers later. He was in the heart of the fire with four other vampires. I helped him and the others get rid of two of the injured slayers. One tackled a vampire into the fire, killing herself. Another one of the vampires who was losing control killed one by drinking her blood. Three still remained. Two vampires took on one and Ben fought another.

The lone slayer I was left to...murder...was Aliyyah.

"Don't make me," I pleaded.

"Insolent vampire-loving worthless trash, ink xdb ntk!" she screamed and threw a dagger at me. Aliyyah was one of the few Egyptian people who refused to converse in Arabic and only spoke in English and ancient Egyptian. She knew Arabic, she was raised to speak it, but Arabic slayers had a bad reputation in the slayer world; they were known for helping vampires.

My Egyptian was slow, Aliyyah only spoke it to her English speaking friends when she was mad, but I think she had screamed at me, something along the lines of, "I kill you."

"Then let it be so," I screamed back and she jumped on me.

I didn't fall but I did stagger backwards, dangerously close to the flames. My skin burned from being too close to the fire and the smoke was irritating my eyes to the point where I was having a hard time keeping them open. Somehow, still unknown to me, I ended up on top of Aliyyah, my knees in her stomach. Her dagger swiped at me but I managed to fling it away from her.

And then her fingers broke, once again, my arm. I keeled over, moaning in pain. I could vaguely see Ben out of the corner of my eye glancing back and forth between me and his attacker. I flapped my hand at him to concentrate on the fight.

All of a sudden, intense pain swept through my leg and Aliyyah grunted as she hit the ground. She had body-slammed my left leg and broke it. Despite my desperate want to keep Ben from getting distracted, I screamed at the top of my lungs. I bit my tongue and clenched my eyes closed at tight as possible.