Chapter 113- The Third Wheel

Start from the beginning

Esperanza: Why on Earth are we here?

Dr Kozak: Sit.

Esperanza sat, blankly staring at him.

Esperanza: What do you want to talk to me about?

Dr Kozak sighed.

Dr Kozak: I know I've been kind of impolite to you lately but I want to make it up to you. Don't feel like the third wheel. Please.

Esperanza just sighed, not saying anything.

Esperanza: But the thing is you and Kieran are always talking about things that you can't really tell me about and it makes me feel-

Dr Kozak: *nonchalantly interrupts* I know how it makes you feel. I'm sorry. Kieran's the one that always wants to talk to me alone, not me.

Esperanza: But I feel like you two are just badmouthing about me behind my back.

Dr Kozak: *shakes his head vigorously* No, not really. Honestly. We would never do that. Esperanza.

Esperanza: But how do I know that you're telling the truth?

Dr Kozak: I don't know. Maybe Kieran's trying to pull all of us apart or something. I wish I knew.

Esperanza sighed again, Dr Kozak just staring at her. He knew she was upset.

He offered her a hug but Esperanza said no although hugged Dr Kozak anyway when he was least expecting it.

Esperanza: But you should know. Because you can read his mind. You can read everyone's mind.

Dr Kozak: Kieran doesn't think stuff much.

Esperanza: Ever realised that you and I hardly talk anymore?

Dr Kozak: Yeah... I guess.

Esperanza: I don't know why but I feel like you prefer Kieran to me.

Dr Kozak: *examines his fingernails deeply then stops and stares at her in the eyes* Kieran felt the same way earlier. I love you guys both equally. I don't have any favourites, I promise.

Esperanza: You haven't even wished me a happy birthday.

Dr Kozak: Yes I have. *brings out his phone, goes on Esperanza's text conversation with him, hides what he saved her as*

Esperanza: See? Not delivered.

Dr Kozak: Oh well I guess there was no service. Happy birthday, Esperanza.

Esperanza smiled but then frowned once she realised something.

Esperanza: I just saw someone mention my name in one of your messages. What's going on? *trying to move Dr Kozak's finger from the top of his phone so she could see why someone was talking to Kozak about her through text, behind her back*

Dr Kozak: *is smiling really* Cannot say.

Esperanza: Why can't you say?

Dr Kozak: Because it's private. And I have nothing else to say anymore, so... Let's go.

It was the group chat for her surprise birthday party that she obviously couldn't have known about, as it would have ruined the entire surprise.