Chapter 77- Kozak Gone Evil Again

Start from the beginning

"It's not fair on Lauriel. You know she didn't mean to kill your animals during the perilous obstacle course test."

Dr Kozak nodded in agreement. He understood what his grandfather was talking about.

"Yes. I know, Anastasia told her to kill the animals. And I found this out after I shot Lauriel. Although in Anastasia's defence, she didn't read the sign that said kill any of the animals and you die. Now that I think about it, I don't think anyone can. You made it really small, sir. It's not fair."

Professor Florentine didn't reply straight away. In fact, he totally ended up avoiding the question.

"Speaking of Anastasia... That reminds me. Demetrius, I need you to pick between two options."

Dr Kozak didn't reply, just stared straight back at his godfather blankly.

Was this a trick?
A set up?
What were the options he had to choose from?

"Okay. What is it?"

Professor Florentine didn't say anything for a while, just smiled impishly and enigmatically towards Dr Kozak.

"It's either you kill Esperanza..."

Dr Kozak gasped.

"...Or I kill you."

Dr Kozak didn't reply. He just froze there, wanting to faint.

Professor Florentine was waiting for his reply, which didn't come out for about ten minutes. He tried everything he could to get Dr Kozak's attention, slap him gently, pour water on him, throw a really small dictionary at him, but the same thing still happened.

Dr Kozak was just sitting there, staring at Professor Florentine with an emotionless and traumatised look on his face, making a large o shape with his mouth.

"Paralysed for life, maybe?" Professor Florentine asked him, waving his right hand right in front of Dr Kozak's face, which brought him back to reality immediately.

"I'm sorry. What?"

"I said that it's either you kill Esperanza, or I kill you," Professor Florentine reminded him.

"Did you just say it's either you kill me or I kill Esperanza?" Dr Kozak enquired him again, and as he said the word 'you', he pointed to Professor Florentine and when he said me he pointed to himself.

Professor Florentine nodded, grinning impishly at him.

"So. What's it going to be? Tough decision this one. Considering it's Esperanza's birthday today, so you don't want to do anything bad against her, but you kind of have to."

How Professor Florentine knew that, Dr Kozak did not know.

"How do you know it's her birthday? And how do you even know who Esperanza is?"

Professor Florentine just chuckled at him, grinning mischievously in return.

"Who doesn't? Plus a lot of people are talking about it. I know more people than you think."

Dr Kozak just shrugged then rolled his eyes because he really didn't want to be a part of this conversation right now.

"Why do I have to kill Esperanza?"

Professor Florentine just stared at him blankly, almost with an eyebrow raised.

"Because she found out the secret passageway to the Perilous Obstacle Course Test, the one that Anastasia and Lauriel took that had eventually led them to their death."