Epilogue

Day Six

Time might as well of been considered over.

So much had been done in six days, and yet, it was nearly enough.

The girl was able to stand for almost two minutes on her own, with the support of a walker or some kind of sturdy surface.

A compassionate man fought all he could to save the girl from her fate; a trial that would destroy her from the inside out. Although he failed, he was able to discover secrets and among the others, anxiously await the trial.

A family happily celebrated their young daughter's seven months of life, her name being the same as the girl's, only to be destroyed when realizing that the girl would not be tried fairly as they were.

A mother and father await seeing their daughter again, the father missing his leadership role, for his faction agrees to have his daughter put on trial for pure innocence.

A friend greatly wants to visit the girl, for they once were very close. The last time she said down with the girl, there still was tension about the girl shooting the friend's boyfriend. The friend stands firm, wishing there was more she could do.

A liar meets with an unlawful leader, working against many people to prove the girl guilty.

Nothing is perfect, but life wasn't made to be perfect.

+ + +

"Mr. Haynes!" West runs after the man. "Could I please buy a few extra minutes of your time?"

The man slows his pace and turns slightly, his profile shown to the leader as he stops completely.

"No one will listen to me when I say she's dangerous. You understand me, don't you?"

"Why of course I do." He replies, looking at his cuticles.

"I need your help. I can't do this without you."

"Oh, I'm sure you can't." He doesn't look up from his cuticles.

"What would you want in return?"

"What do I want?" His gaze moves upwards slightly to meet the leader's face. "Your position."

"You know I can't do that." The leader says automatically.

Peter Haynes gives the leader a knowing look, and the leader knows he's going to really have to try to get what he wants, along with what Peter wants.

"If, and I mean if Tris Prior is proven guilty by your information, I will resign and leave my position to you."

"I also want an apartment. One of your nicest apartments in your faction."

"I will find you one of our nicest apartments, and if the girl is found guilty, from strictly your information, I will give my leadership position to you. Deal?"

"Deal." The men shake hands.

"Let's go into my office, shall we?" The leader walks away, Haynes following in tow.

+ + +

"Indy, sit." He says sternly, and the dog sits, his tail thumping on the hard wood floors.