Chapter 41 - Back to Hell

Third person

It was very early that morning when she crumpled over in fear.

She trembled, memories wracking her brain; the visions clear on the backs of her eyelids.

The doctors were worried about her having some memory loss; but what they didn't expect was for those memories to begin to come back so soon, and also how she would react to them.

"Shut up or I will shoot you again!" He screams, a bullet clicking into his gun.

The words are clear in her ears; as if they were being spoken to her by a person in the room. The sounds are all to familiar as she heard them on a daily basis.

But she doesn't understand.

It is as if she is experiencing them for the first time all over again.

The gun fires, the burning sensation filling her left calf as the bullet sinks into her already severely injured leg.

Her lungs burn as she screams; her vocal cords already being injured from screaming so much recently.

"Just kill me already." She weakly rasps.

"Patience is key," he pauses. "Beatrice."

She trembles, staying silent for the fear of getting shot if she makes a sound.

Her mind races.

I'm too out in the open up here.

I can't see every angle from where I am.

He's going to find me.

He's going to shoot me.

Opening her eyes wide, she realizes that her vision is dark.

Since she had woken up from the coma she was in, her vision had excelled back to its normal state.

When she first arrived, her vision was dark as a whole; as if the light of the world was slowly leaving her eyes.

She panics.

I can't see.

I can't see.

I can't defend myself.

I can't see.

She listens.

While in the building, her vision had almost completely left her. She became dependent on the sounds around her.

Memorizing people's footsteps, the sound of their mannerisms, and their breathing patterns.

She jumps to an upright position from where she was laying on her bed.

Her leg which is wrapped tightly in a cream colored cast makes her stop and think about what options she has.

Footsteps.