Chapter 18 - Indiana Jones

Tobias

"Four?" I hear someone call my name. I look in the direction of the voice to see Dr. Scott looking in my direction emotionlessly.

I leave the comfort of the dim lights in the now fully decorated waiting room and follow her down the hall of bright lights. I follow her into her office and take a seat like I did days earlier.

"Tris is fine. She is awake and the test went great. So don't worry about that, because there's a bigger situation at hand that we need to deal with now."

I sigh in relief but worry.

What's wrong now?

"The scan on her brain came back, and I am quite surprised by what it showed... It looks as if she at one point was in a coma. Somehow she eventually woke up on her own, which is extremely rare and amazing that she did so in the state her body was in."

"I am diagnosing her with a severe concussion considering that she is no longer in a coma. These results also do mean that she could have possible memory damage in some spots. I don't think she has a problem with remembering who people are though, because she remembers you. She could have some holes in her memory though maybe from inside the building, before she was in a coma. Was she conscious when you found her?"

"She was. Also when we found camera footage of inside the building three months before the rescue she was conscious . Who knows how long she was conscious before that point though." I say remembering when I first saw her on that computer screen in such terrible shape.

That was nothing compared to how she is now.

"It will be interesting to see what information comes when an investigation is done on the building. Maybe that will tie some loose ends for us all."

I nod.

"Now for the problem at hand. Like I had assumed would happen; she is freaking out and doesn't trust Julie or I anymore since we were the ones with a few others to administer the spray. She's freaking out all over again. Her heart rate keeps getting faster and faster as her stress rises and even though right now it isn't deadly, if it keeps going up at the rate it's going, well, we could loose her. I need you to just sit with her, make her feel safe, whatever you have to do to get her to calm down. You may have to sit with her all night. We can bend the visiting hour rules for things like this, as long as you're okay with it."

I nod and follow her out of her office and down the hall, my heart racing from nerves flipping around in my stomach.

She softly taps on Tris's door and opens it, I follow her in.

I see Tris clenched up on her bed shaking, trying to swat away Julie who is trying to get something off of her face with a washcloth.

Dr. Scott nudges me and motions for me to listen. She whispers in my ear, "I forgot to tell you, we moved the IV we had in her arm to her foot because she kept taking it out once she woke up. If she tries to take it out, avoid her doing so if possible."

I nod and walk towards her.

She keeps her eyes clenched shut, but I know she hears my presence. She stopped shaking as much, probably trying to listen for my next move.