Chapter 45 - Just Might

Follow my Wattpad FanFic-based Instagram @ kattheabnegation

Chapter 45 - Just Might

Tobias

"Josh. We have to look further into it. Her new doctor is onto something I think." I exclaim moving closer to Josh. He agreed to meet me late this morning in the Main Building. I wanted to talk to him about the IB further investigating into what happened inside of the building instead of what they moved on to since they closed the inside part of it; what the motives were to what did happen inside.

"Four. I already told you. That part of the investigation is closed. Actually, right now, the whole investigation is closed." Josh sighs, running his hands through his short, brunette hair.

I cough, choking on my spit. I hear Indy's collar jingle as he looks up at me. "What?!"

He removed his hand from his hair and lifts his head, but he doesn't make eye contact with me. "West, you know, the Candor faction leader, came close to, if not, already did find out about the IB. We can't be one hundred percent sure, but to keep everything under the radar, we've put the IB on a hiatus for the moment."

"How do you have this idea that he knows?"

"He contacted both Erudite leader, Mark and I a couple days ago wanting to have a word in person with us, and it didn't sound like he was just wanting to have a friendly chat either. Yes, it's just a small assumption, but if he finds out, well, we're done, Four. There's no hope then."

"When are you meeting him?"

"Tomorrow afternoon. Candor headquarters. He said strictly that it just be he, Mark and I."

"Why does he have so much say in everything that happens?" I mutter.

"You know the new rules, Four. And I think I can speak for both of us when I say they need to be changed a little bit."

"The rest of the city is, was, chose for the investigation to happen. Everyone except him. If anything, we should be taking advantage that we have an odd number of factions. This way, we never can have an exact fifty to fifty ratio. Every ratio will always be three to two or eighty to twenty or however you want to look at it."

"I agree, but these are the rules in play now, so we just have to deal with them as they are."

"What happens if he does know? What's the next step? Do we just stop everything we've started? Does he realize that he's wrong? There's no lines of punishment down for not going by these rules. I mean, what are they going to do?"

"I've been wondering the exact same thing."

+ + +

"I want to see her."

"I'm afraid I can't let you in to see her just yet."

"Why not?"

"She's still scared."

"Then let me reassure her and let her feel safe. Of course she's scared. Being held captive and physically harmed for years on end does that to a person."

"Four."

"Ken."

"She's not ready."

"And do you think she'll ever be?"

"Yes. A matter-of-fact, I do think she'll be ready soon. Just not yet."

"What possibly could 'matter-of-factly' be keeping me from seeing my terrified girlfriend?"

"Her insanity." He says quietly.

"What are you keeping from me, Doctor Ken Norton?" I spit.

"She's going crazy, I think." He sighs, leaning back in his chair. "She's scared of sounds, new things, old things, her bed, food, anything near her nose. It's not common symptoms of PTSD. Mind you, I do realize that PTSD is different for each person who has it, but I know insanity when I see it."

"Please. Let me see her." I almost beg.

"You know? I think I just might."

A/N

Hi humans! Kat here (well no duh, who else would it be 😝)

Sorry, this chap really does suck. There hasn't been a filler chap in a while, so here's one to carry you until Tuesday.

Once a week chapter updates may be coming back soon since my school life will be starting up again soon...

Qotc: Color of your eyes?

Aotc: Blue 👀

43.1k reads!!

120k reads on TTAA!! (Just thought I'd add that bc ya know... 20k milestone and all 😛)

Anyways...

Thanks for reading!!

Don't forget to...

Vote!

And

Comment!

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!