Chapter 43 - Find Out Why

Tobias

I sit across from Dr. Scott at her desk in her office. According to the clock over her head, it is seven o' three in the evening.

I sigh, putting my elbows on her desk and running my hair back with my hands.

"What do you mean you know nothing?" I sigh, looking up at her.

"What I mean is that I am not given any information on her because she is apparently no longer my patient, Four." She sounds just about as done with this as I am.

"Who can I go off on, yelling at, for all of this?" I sit back in the chair, extremely done with the day.

I wish that tomorrow would just come and everything would go back to how perfect it was yesterday.

She pulls out a pen and notepad. Writing something that must be memorized, she rips the sheet of paper from the notepad and slides it across the desk to me.

"Doctor Ken Norton. He's the person observing her now. I tried to ask him what his motives were, but maybe you can get more out of him then I did. That's the room number of his office. Once you leave here, take another left, then a right, then follow the signs to the MIU and the people around that area can guide you from there if you need it."

"Got it. Thank you, for everything, Marie."

"Just doing my job. Don't waste any time now, they have different times shifts down in that sector than we do here, so you don't want to miss him." She smiles lightly.

I walk out of her office, and the subtle happiness I had with her for two seconds boils back down to my bitter anger.

I confidently carry myself through the Erudite hospital, following the signs as few people glare at my presence.

I arrive outside of the door that says Dr. Ken Norton and I knock it, possibly showing my anger through my persistence.

"Hello? Who are you?" A middle height man who looks a few years older than me opens the door.

I push past him, letting myself in. "I'm here regarding my girlfriend, Beatrice Prior. You better get explaining because if you can't already tell, I'm pretty pissed."

"Please, just calm down and I'd be happy to show you my motives."

"I'm not here to listen to your bullshit motives. Just tell me why you suddenly thought that my girlfriend is mentally incapable. She's been perfectly fine for weeks."

"Ah. Marie said the same thing. I'm planning on studying into that. I've never heard of someone going from just about normal to the state that she is in that small amount of time."

"I don't care about what you're going to study with your study buddies later--"

"But if you want to know why I moved her, you may want to pay attention to this." He says sternly to me. "Take a seat, sir."

"My name is Four."

"Sit, Four. I have a feeling you and I are going to be seeing a lot of each other, so might as well get use to it."