Chapter 46 - Paranoia

***This chapter is also difficult to read, so just like the last one, if you feel uncomfortable with harsh themes, just skip over the italicized part. I will try to not make it majorly affect the plot in the future of this story.***

Chapter 46 - Paranoia

Third Person

Tris wakes from the light rest that she had; her eyes wide and alert as David's voice is still heard in her mind.

She blinks rapidly, the world around her completely dark.

The drugs that David put up her nasal passage weeks before she was rescued have finally just started kicking in; just like he had desired.

Now, her world lies dark to her because of her blindness, and she cannot keep anything in her stomach.

She cowers, squeezing herself into the small corner as few tears slip down her face.

She's never felt so useless and lifeless in her life.

Her mind haunts her because of these dreams that seem like nightmares to her, replaying themselves over and over; but in reality, they're memories.

Marie Scott was worried that she might have had slight memory loss from her severe concussion, and she also had thought that she might have been in a coma at one point.

As she begins to have her surroundings change, more pieces of these memories come back to her.

More terrors.

She shivers, the small room freezing from the cool mid January temperatures outside.

The injured muscles in her left leg clench from the cold. It throbs erratically, stinging furiously with each throb.

Strangely, the pain is quite normal to her, and although it hurts her terribly, she's almost use to it at the time.

It was the middle of winter, and the doctors couldn't trust her with blankets because they had no clue if she was suicidal or not.

At one point, she was, but not anymore.

They tried turning on the small radiator in the room the day earlier, but the small noises it made terrified her, so they had to turn it off.

All she has is herself, and the small mattress against the wall in the room.

Some people could confuse her room for a prison, but in reality, Tris had never felt more safe.

At least, for the moment.

She shivers feverishly, her small frame having nothing but skin and bones from her unable to keep any kind of food down.

And now, because they don't have access to IV meal supplements, she's starving and the emptiness makes her stomach heave, causing her to constantly be nauseated.

Everyone wishes that there was something they could do to help her.

They want to be able to make her feel comfortable.

But who knows if she'll ever be comfortable with anyone, and anywhere ever again.

In a gentle current, a light wave of warm air touches over her skin, causing goose bumps to form and make her shiver.