Chapter 32 - Time

Chapter 32 - Time

Third Person

She clings to her mother's shirt, not wanting to let go.

After all that the two of them had been through, nothing other than was expected when they met for real again.

The first official time they met again after being back in Chicago, Tris could barely make out her mother from something unknown effecting her vision.

Her mother had visited her multiple times while she was in the ICU, but the difference was that this time, she was conscious and almost completely stable from what the doctors have said.

Natalie holds her youngest child, her nineteen year old daughter, close to her as the two reunite for the first time in what seems like years.

Natalie mumbles reassurances to her daughter as she strokes her long blonde hair, sensing her daughters uneasiness to the area around her. The doctors are all doing their best to help Tris, but she just isn't very willing to do so. She may seem sane, but on the inside, she is paranoid, and it is starting to show on the outside of her too now that she's woken up.

Tris on the other hand; she is very untrusting of the people around her. After so many people hurting her in so many ways, she just doesn't know who is safe, and who is going to jab her in the back. She even is loosing trust in the people she loves; all of them telling her that these people are safe. It makes her feel like they all could be in on some big plan to torture her to Earth's end.

Trust takes a lot to be gained, and even after it is gained, it can be easily lost.

Although the people in Chicago did close to nothing to actually harm Tris, she's just uneasy of people in general at the moment.

Her brain is in shock.

PTSD is kicking in.

She's nineteen years old as of last week, according to Erudite files.

She's been through enough stress and tragedy to last her two whole lifetimes.

Time.

That's all she truly needs.

Time.

Time to heal.

Time to regain her sanity.

Time to learn the place she once knew.

Time to adapt to her new, safer habitat.

Time to learn the people she once knew all over again.

Time to begin to trust again.

The world is full of sick, crazy, malevolent people that go after others for no reason. They have the capability of tearing one apart piece by piece.

That is what has happened to her.

And thankfully she has all of the time she needs to heal from it.

According to news in the factions today, all of the victims from this 'incident' will be granted free medical help from any problems relating to the situation. Courtesy of Erudite themselves.

The Candor faction leader tried to go against it, saying that a vote needed to be made by all of the faction leaders to actually get that to happen.

Thankfully, he was proven wrong though; Erudite officials stating that it is their donation to the people, and that it only involves certain people from factions other then their own, and they can choose to not accept the medical coverage if they insist.

At least one good thing has come to the people that have been saved.

As for the secret investigation and the IB group...

It has still been kept undercover from factions other than Dauntless and Erudite.

There also is a group of fifty soldiers and scientists combined going to Louisville, Kentucky to collect information from the building, and to make sure that it is clear of life.

Time is turning out well.

Although there is an abundance of it, there also is a lack of it.

The whole world is spinning at ninety miles per hour, but it feels as if it is going in slow motion.

As for the moment, time stands still for a mother and daughter being reunited after harsh circumstances; both held tightly in the other's wounded heart.

Things will turn out though.

Time is on their side.

Furthermore, only time will tell what the future of this world and these people will be.

Happy Friday!!

Don't forget to...

Vote

And

Comment

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!!! (: