Chapter 66- Secrets About Kozak

Start from the beginning

Kieran was about to say something but stopped once he heard sobbing coming from Dr Kozak's direction.

"Dude, are you crying?"

Dr Kozak didn't say anything, as he looked up at Kieran really slowly.

"No?..."

"But I can see tears coming down your face. Thinking about your grandfather's death again?"

"No... Kieran... I can smell onions."

Made sense.

"Oh. Oh, and Dr Kozak, can you please do me a favour?"

Dr Kozak just looked at him, reaching out for his first toothpick.

Either he had a problem with toothpicks, or ice cream, because Dr Kozak had had like five ice creams in the past ten minutes.

Oh yeah. There was an ice cream freezer in his car. That really explained everything.

Dr Kozak: What's the favour first, before you ask me to do anything?

Silence.

Did Lauriel's parents and relatives even know that she was dead?

Kieran truly wondered this for a while, before actually telling Dr Kozak about this once and for all.

Dr Kozak: You okay, kid? You're not replying.

Kieran: Sorry. And the favour? Tell Lauriel's parents that she died.

Dr Kozak froze and just glared at him, shaking his head.

Kieran: What? Why not!

Dr Kozak: I'd get in big trouble if I did. And when did you care so much about Lauriel anyway?

Then Kieran explained everything.

Lauriel was initially hostile to Kieran at first, but apparently it was only because two of her pets had died on the same day and she was seriously grieving.

She had unexpectedly apologised to Kieran the other day, explaining everything. Kieran was reluctant to forgive her at first, because he had kind of gotten detention because of her, but he did so eventually.

Then he explained how his friend Clyde had left him, so Lauriel and Kendrick was pretty much the only person that he had.

Then Kieran asked if Dr Kozak was going to inform Lauriel's parents about her sudden death or not.

Dr Kozak didn't say anything for a while, as he didn't exactly know how to.

Then he examined his fingernails for a long time, before looking at Kieran again with a different toothpick in his mouth this time round because he accidentally threw away the previous one, thinking he didn't need it but in reality, he did.