Chapter 53- Best Believing, Looks Are Deceiving

Start from the beginning

No one could really see what she was wearing much, but it was like a dress, which was the same colour as her hair.

Like Kieran and Esperanza, she had cute freckles, however unlike Kieran and Esperanza and more towards Dr Kozak, she was wearing sunglasses and a red scarf.

"Let me guess, she's colour blind too?" Esperanza teased, nudging Dr Kozak.

"Haha. Nice try Esperanza. But she's not. She just wears those sunglasses for fun."

"She doesn't look like a villain," Kieran pointed out, making Dr Kozak just glance at him, and then back to Diana again.

"Looks are deceiving, Kieran. And that's what everyone says before they really get to meet her in person," Dr Kozak replied, saying nothing else and sitting down again on his spinning chair.

"Wait. Hang on. You said that you guys were friends. What happened?" Esperanza asked thoughtfully.

"She broke a very important promise she promised me never to tell anyone. We were dating as well before I met agent Astera, and uh, Lauriel's mother. But eh, stuff happened."

"Like..." Kieran and Esperanza were seriously looking at him now, who was just staring annoyingly at Diana, removing her away from his screen.

Dr Kozak shook his head. 

"Nope. Sorry, can't say. Even though Diana and I are practically sworn sworn sworn enemies now, I still said I wouldn't tell anyone. And I don't break promises."

"Really? What about the time in primary school when I-"

"I don't break promises Esperanza," Dr Kozak said to her through gritted teeth.

"But that would have been cute, Demetrius and Diana," Kieran told him, where Dr Kozak just shot him an annoyed look.

"Don't call me by my first name. Ever. Please," Dr Kozak warned him, shooting Kieran yet another annoyed look.

"Sorry, sir," Kieran after a while, a long one too, anyone would have heard tumbleweed in this godforsaken silence. Jesus Christ.

"It's alright."

There were many many burning questions about Diana Valentine that Dr Kozak really couldn't have answered them all.

The first one was from Esperanza , who wanted to know if Diana lived by herself or if she had children, because the woman seriously looked like she had a house all to herself.

"She's got a few butlers, sixteen I think." Dr Kozak explained. "But yeah, she does have children, but only two of them."

Esperanza and Kieran weren't really listening to what Dr Kozak had said, because they were busy talking about something else, and Dr Kozak was right: Esperanza was actually a really nice person once someone had gotten to know her.

Kieran had accidentally on purpose cut their conversation short after realising what Dr Kozak had told them about Diana having sixteen butlers.

"Whoa- sixteen butlers? She must be dang rich!" Kieran realised. "She's probably living her best life, isn't she?"

"She is living her best life," Dr Kozak agreed, jamming a pencil on the table in boredom, with his hand on his chin. "She is living her best life. She's stinking rich. Apparently she won the lottery. Or she had done fraud."

What Kieran and Esperanza didn't know about Diana Valentine that Dr Kozak did was that she was a criminal.

She had been killing people for quite a while now, and funnily enough, she had murdered more people than Dr Kozak had ever done in his entire life.

When she was younger, she had committed fraud, a lot of fraud, but apparently it was only because she was in poverty.

Diana Valentine's late mother and father were broke, extremely broke, and they couldn't afford anything so therefore they had turn to crime to solve their problems.

"Assuming she did commit fraud," Esperanza continued. "How much money did she steal?"

Like Kozak was supposed to know.

He didn't speak to Diana anymore... where was Esperanza when he said that him and Diana were sworn down enemies?

"Not sure, but she's a desperado."

Kieran wanted to know what a desperado was, with Esperanza telling him that it was a desperate or reckless person, especially a criminal.

Next Kozak had showed them a video about Diana on the news, with a black news reporter telling them that Diana had just committed a very serious vandalism crime.

"Diana Valentine, who's just escaped jail, has robbed the local supermarket! Apparently, this break in has been planned since the start of the month, however Diana only committed the crime now because-"

Dr Kozak had switched off the TV before Kieran and Esperanza had found out why Diana had committed the crime one month late. 

They didn't need to hear the rest, although Diana had committed the crime one month late as she had been spending the one month actually trying to escape out of jail.

"Wait, let me get this straight.." Kieran stated. "Are the police still looking for her?"

"Not sure about that Kieran, but I know I'm looking for her," Dr Kozak answered. "She's got the last trophy that I need for my collection, so therefore we need to get the trophy back before it's too late."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Moral of chapter: Do not be jealous of anything, ever. Jealousy jeopardises relationships and friendships!

Also, looks are deceiving, as you can see in the title just because someone looks nice doesn't mean that they are, and just because someone looks mean doesn't mean that they are either.

Same for some happy people as well— sometimes the happiest people are the most depressed on the inside.