Chapter 33- Lauriel's Doomed

Start from the beginning

And hopefully Dr Kozak couldn't "read her mind" from here either.

"I'm pretty sure I know you. Do I... I don't know. Know you from somewhere?"

Lauriel didn't reply. It was then that the girl removed her sunglasses, and when she removed her sunglasses, she gasped.

"Lauriel!"

Lauriel looked at her blankly, then gasped as well once she figured out who she was.

"Maria Grace!"

What a lucky coincidence, the two girls bumping into each other in a place that certainly wasn't school.

They then hugged each other, because like Lauriel and Kieran, the two had finally made up, despite their deep hatred for one another before, despite the Lauriel/Kieran/Kendrick incident.

"What are you doing here?" They both asked each other at the same time.

Then Maria Grace told Lauriel that she could go first.

"Two agents kidnapped me," Lauriel began. "Apparently they were Dr Kozak's sons- agent Marcel and Tyrese. Long story short, Dr Kozak was originally supposed to be my father but my mum divorced him a long time ago, before I was born even. What about you?"

Maria Grace didn't reply straight away of course. Firstly she checked her watch, before checking the time left until the Perilous Obstacle Course test was over.

"Long story that you probably wouldn't have time for because the girls in there only have a minute until their time is up, so they've used up nine minutes."

The test probably couldn't be described any more simple than that.
Take the test.
You had ten minutes to complete all eight sections.
If you couldn't do it then you died.

Lauriel found herself not replying, and obviously Maria Grace was worried so she said something else.

"Although quick question. How do you know Dr Kozak? Sorry. I forgot. I think I have amnesia or something. He was my primary school teacher. What about you?"

Lauriel explained how she knew him, then talked about agent Astera for a while as his wife.

Maria Grace didn't know her, as she claimed another agent named agent Valentina took her here- plus apparently she was so hostile that she wanted Maria Grace to die in this test.

"You know we don't have to do this test by ourselves right? According to Dr Kozak's rules, we can do this test in pairs or threes. No more than that."

"So what are you trying to imply?" Lauriel asked her stupidly, drinking the orange flavoured Capri Sun.

It was better cold but it wasn't cold... oh well.

"We can work as a pair. Actually no. A three. My cousin Anastasia's here. Anastasia!"

Lauriel had judged Anastasia before she had even met her. According to her number, she was number sixty three. Lauriel really didn't get the point of these number tags?

It wasn't going to be the age she was going to die, was it?
So what was the point of them?

Lauriel intently watched Anastasia come towards her and Maria Grace where her judgmental attitude started kicking in.