Chapter 25- Annoying Text Messages!

Começar do início

Actually no, even better. I hope you die on your birthday.

Aaron:
Well I'm glad we finally agree on something! And who needs you, anyway? I never really liked you and I found out your secret; you killed Abigail.

I wish all those times you attempted suicide in the past actually worked, and that you weren't alive at the moment.

Because trust me, the world would be so much better with you dead right now.

Lauriel read the message her brother sent her , although she didn't reply- why? It was too vain and just not a hundred percent worth it.

Kind of irritated, she put her phone in her bag away, and remembering that it was only like twenty percent, she used her portable charger on the bus.

She also genuinely felt like screaming out loud but remained calm when the bus she was on had drove at normal speed again.

Lauriel didn't even know where the flip she was going.

Honestly.

She had just left home without a clue in the world on where she was going and how she was going to get there.

Realising that there was somewhere to go after all, Lauriel brought out her phone and called someone that she thought would be very important at this time of the day.

It wasn't Kieran. (They had made up and were friends now.)
It wasn't Justin. (Lauriel and Justin were boyfriend and girlfriend).

It wasn't anyone else she saw practically everyday before the half term began.

No. Instead it was her Aunty, Aunt Evelyn.

Aunt Evelyn was thirty nine going forty in April next month, although she kept having unexpected seizures. Why she wasn't remarried yet, Lauriel didn't really know.

She looked half like Lauriel and half like Aaron but mainly Aaron, and she was so sweet Lauriel always thought that her great aunt wasn't related to her because her family was currently the opposite of sweet at the moment.

Lauriel called her ten times, but she didn't pick up once.
Eleven times calling her and someone picked up, making Lauriel relieved.

"Aunt Evelyn! Thank goodness you've finally picked up! I really have to ask you something."

The reply Lauriel got back wasn't expected at all.

Mainly because, oh, maybe since her great aunt didn't actually pick up.

"This isn't aunt Evelyn on the line, ya know, Lauriel," the person hissed back spitefully.

And once Lauriel noticed who was speaking, she was ticked off.

It was her long lost cousin, Frankie. Who was a boy, not a girl.

There wasn't much to say about Frankie.

Except that he was the year lower than Lauriel, was very violent for his age and was a hundred percent into everyone's business!

Lauriel hated her cousin so much.

"Frankie... Please pass the phone to your mother before I scream..."

Frankie was teasing her over the phone for a while, until Lauriel was so fed up she had to scream at him.

"And why should I do that? Nah, joking. Just tell me what you want to say to her then I'll say it to her."

Lauriel wasn't convinced. She scoffed before rolling her eyes and looking away.

"Really? After what happened last time? Please, I'm not falling for that trick again."

"She's sleeping. Just... Tell me what you want from her and I'll tell her."

"No," was all Lauriel was bothered to say.

Frankie didn't reply. This was because, in the background his mother was slowly coming down the stairs, yawning.

"Who's on the phone, Frankie?" She asked, half yawning in the process as she did so as well.

"Oh." His face fell. "No one important. It's just Lauriel."

Dramatic pause then...

"So yeah, like I said- no one truly significant."

Lauriel rolled her eyes in disbelief at the other side of the phone.
Thank god Frankie couldn't see her, only hear her.

"Lauriel! I haven't heard from her in ages! Where's her cute little face?"

Frankie pretended to throw up.

"Okay, yeah, you must be living in another planet or something because Lauriel is not cute," Frankie answered rudely, before whispering no offence to Lauriel at the other side of the phone.

Lauriel wasn't offended because it was true.

Anyone that called Lauriel cute was lying, Lauriel was evil with a capital E.

"By the way," Frankie whispered to Lauriel. "You're in luck. My mum just woke up."

Lauriel didn't reply and there was no reason to anyway because Frankie had already passed the phone to Aunt Evelyn.

"Ah! Lauriel. I miss your wonderful face!" Then she opened her eyes and frowned. "Why is your face green?"

Lauriel didn't know what to say.

"My face isn't green. That must just be the colour of your phone wallpaper. This is a call, aunt Evelyn. Not a video chat."

"Huh? Repeat that?"

"This is a call. Not a video chat."

How could Lauriel have forgotten?

Her aunt was half deaf. Lauriel honestly didn't know whether the deafness came with the seizures but either way, aunt Evelyn's hearing was like 15% good and 85% not.

"I don't know where you've misplaced your cat?" Aunt Evelyn told her confusingly. "Honey you need to speak up!"

Lauriel wasn't bothered in talking to her anymore, so as a result of that she shouted never mind and hung up.

Then, she read her mother's text message again from about twenty minutes ago.

...well you must come back. Seven o'clock today latest, or else I will really come and find you.

Lauriel smiled to herself mischievously.

Then she put her phone away.

She was going to return at seven o'clock pm alright.

Just not....

Today.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Moral of chapter: Sometimes the people you thought you could trust can suddenly turn their backs against you, so don't be too reliable on someone all of the time.