Chapter 2- Ice Hockey Match

Inspirational quote: Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Kieran took a deep breath, before sighing helplessly twice as he and Clyde had entered the ice hockey changing rooms.

This is all for Vanessa.
I'm doing this all for Vanessa.
This is all to get Vanessa to like me.

He kept saying this internally to himself, and walking around in circles as he did so as well...

Meanwhile, Clyde was just staring at him confusingly, wondering what Kieran was potentially thinking, wondering why he looked like he wanted to run away somewhere and almost never be found.

"Kieran?" Clyde whispered, although all he got back from him was the nasty silent treatment.

"Kieran, you need to calm down."

Once again, his friend didn't reply, just kept on strangely muttering things to himself and possibly praying, by the looks of it.

Clyde had almost completely had enough.
Instead of trying to get Kieran to stop what he was doing, because it backfired, he looked around for a white and blue megaphone.

Eventually, Clyde found one, so after a while he found himself coming back to Kieran, telling him to stop hyperventilating and calm down.

He put the megaphone close to his mouth and bellowed:

"Kieran my insane little friend. Stop what you're doing and listen to me!!"

At least that got his full attention swiftly.
"Clyde, I can't do this. I can, but I'm just really scared that I might embarrass myself completely."

Clyde sighed in frustration.

"For goodness sake will you stop talking negatively about yourself Kieran! I hate to see you like this. I've seen you play ice hockey, and it pains me, like really pains me to say it, but you're pretty good at the damn thing. Now stop fussing and get a move on before I end friendship with you."

Kieran didn't reply. There was no reason to anyway because by that time, two people that were in the same year as them surreptitiously came to the scene.

Their names were Kendrick and Justin, and they were Kieran and Clyde's worst enemies. Additionally, Justin's brother was also the sixth former who tried killing Clyde about half a decade ago.

Kendrick was Kieran's friend, at least in the past, before he met Clyde. Now they just hated each other and were spiteful to each other whenever they had the chance to be.

"Well, well, well, well, welly, well, well."

This was coming from Justin. Kieran and Clyde instantaneously turned around.

Kieran wanted to run away, but he couldn't and didn't, he had already gotten himself into this dilemma and there was no way out of it. At least, if there was any way out of it.

"Jesus. How many wells? How many wishes do you have to make to tell yourself that you wish to die, because everyone's life would almost seriously be better off that way?"

That was coming from Clyde, Kieran would have never had to courage to say anything like that. Justin's response to that was to come up closer to him, however Clyde just backed away from him whilst Kendrick pulled Justin away.