Chapter Eighty Eight - Graduation Day

(I don't know how graduation works at all whoop-de-doop)

Frances glanced at herself in her bedroom mirror, adjusted her navy blue graduation robes, and smiled.

Her makeup was looking great today, possibly the best she'd ever done it, but she knew by the end of the night it would be ruined.

Ruined by tears, sweat, or kissing Theodosia, she didn't know.

"Come on, Frances, let's go!" Philip yelled from downstairs, his voice just a bit louder than the chatter of their relatives.

"Coming!" Frances yelled, pulling her curls over one shoulder and then running to join her twin brother to take graduation photos before they had to leave.

-time skip-

"Oh, you two look wonderful!" Martha Washington exclaimed, snapping photos as they grinned awkwardly at the camera, itching to get graduation over and done with.

"We need to go now, Grammy." Frances said, tugging Philip towards the door.

They were supposed to be at the school a bit over two hours before graduation started, and if they delayed any longer they would be late.

"Wait!" Their Pops called just as they were about to leave. Alex pulled his kids into a hug, John joining in as well.

"We love you, kiddos." John said, ruffling their hair.

"We love you too." Philip said, pulling his family into one more hug before running outside.

-time skip-

The Seniors had went through the rehearsal of how they were to come up on stage to receive their diplomas only once before they were freed to go and mingle with their peers in the Grand Hallway one last time before graduation started.

France personally thought that they should practice at least once more, but kept the thought to herself. Instead she wandered around the 'Grand Hallway' they were kept in until they were to receive their diplomas.

"Frances!" David called, alerting her to where her friends were.

She joined them and held hands with Theodosia as they waited for graduation to start.