Chapter Thirty Three - Halloween pt.1

(Start of the Halloween chapters whoop whoop)

Philip was up at 4:30am the morning of Halloween.

He didn't have to be up at 4:30am, but he chose to in order to properly do his makeup.

Theodosia had begun wearing makeup in freshman year, and it quickly became a routine for her and Philip to mess around with it whenever he was at her house, so Philip knew a lot about makeup.

It took him about an hour to perfect the foundation, highlight, smokey eye, eyeliner, lipstick, and blush. It probably could have taken him less time to do so, but he wanted it to be absolutely perfect.

Philip grinned at himself in the mirror for a minute. This was the first time he would wear makeup to school (besides stage makeup), and he had to admit, he looked fine.

Next came the costume.

Philip pulled the swimsuit-looking outfit on as well as the thigh-high heels and admired himself in the mirror. Anxiety suddenly overtook him.

What if Dick doesn't wear his costume? What if people make fun of me? What if I do get dress-coded?

Philip shook the thoughts away. It was senior year, he could wear whatever the fuck he wanted.

Philip grabbed an oversized leather jacket from his closet that ended lower-thigh, and took one last look at himself in the mirror.

He touched his forehead. Two weeks ago George had kissed him there under the assumption that Philip was asleep (he wasn't).

Despite the irrationality of it, Philip would occasionally touch where George had kissed him. The idea that George Eacker thought he was amazing was enough enough for Philip to believe in himself, at least a little bit.

"Philip, oh my god, what are you wearing?" Eliza Schuyler asked as Philip walked down the stairs.

"Good morning, mom." Philip answered "This is my Halloween costume."

"Why?" Was all Eliza seemed to be able to say between fits of laugher.

"Dick and I are equaling out the dress-code." Philip said.

"He's certainly his mother's son." Eliza said, walking over to give Philip a hug. "And so are you."

"I love you too, mom." Philip said, hugging his mom back, and then walking into the kitchen.

"Nice costume." Peggy remarked, typing on her laptop. "I made waffles."

"Your costume is pretty cool, too." Philip said, stacking waffles on a plate. Peggy had artfully used special effects makeup to make it seem like a cleaver was stuck in her head.

"Thanks." Peggy said "Have fun today, bring me back some candy."

Eventually the time came for Philip to go to school. Frances had zero-hour, so he walked outside alone. It was a fairly good day, around 60 degrees in Fahrenheit, with only a little wind to blow the fallen leaves around. The neighborhood was decked out in decorations, making Philip grin with excitement.

Today was his last Halloween in highschool, and it was definitely going to be memorable.