Chapter Three - Sorry

Philip saw George from across the entrance hall walking towards him, and his heart stopped for a few moments.

'What the fuck does this homophobe want now?' Philip thought as George stopped in front of him.

George inhaled deeply before starting "I'm sorry for breaking your arm, Hamilton. I didn't mean to- well, I did, but I regret it. And I'm sorry about being homophobic. I'm just going through some rough stuff right now, I'm sorry." George look awkwardly at his feet.

Philip scrunched up his nose. This wasn't what he had expected. Where was the teasing? The homophobia? When did George have such a big change of heart?

Philip sighed and put his unbroken hand on his hip. "I guess I'll have to forgive you, Eacker, since you had the heart to apologize. You're still a bitch, though."

George smiled faintly. "I suppose I am."

They stared at each other awkwardly for a moment before Philip pulled a sharpie out of his back pocket. "Wanna sign my cast? I think it'd be funny to have the name of the person who broke my arm in the first place on my cast."

George nodded and took the sharpie from Philip. After signing a small G.Eacker on it, George handed back the sharpie just as the warning bell rang.

"Gotta go, Eacker, don't break anyone else's arm today, got it?" Philip said, walking away.

"Cant promise anything." George said.