Chapter Eighty One - Promposals

"Remind me again why you're asking Theo to prom by Rick rolling her?" Philip asked, playing with the flowers instead on lining the front hall of the Burr house with them like he was supposed to.

"Because we had our first kiss to this song." Frances replied, adjusting her pink dress "Now can you please lay out the flowers?"

"Why this song?" Philip asked.

"Because she was like 'I bet nobody has ever been kissed to this song' and I was like 'haha now you're gonna be the first'. Lay out the flowers, please."

Philip sighed dramaticly before walking down the front hall, throwing flowers like the flower girl at a wedding.

Frances picked up her sign, which said 'I'm never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you. So will you go to prom with me?' In big colorful letters.

"Theo will be here soon, so can you make sure the song is ready to play?" She asked, sitting down on the stairs.

"It's your promposal, so why am I doing everything?" Philip asked, hooking his phone up to the mini speaker, and finding the video on YouTube.

"Because I paid for your prom dress, and this is how you're paying me back." Frances said, just a car could be heard pulling into the driveway.

A key slid into the front door lock, and Philip started the song just as Theodosia entered.

She took one look at Frances and turned around and walked out. George and Aaron started laughing when they came in and saw what caused her to walk out.

"She's gonna keep walking. You better go after her." Aaron said to Frances, walking into the kitchen.

Frances nodded and ran out the door after her annoyed girlfriend.

"This is the best promposal I've ever seen." George said, coming to sit with Philip on the stairs.

"I know. And that's why I don't have anything special planned to ask you to prom, because I know I can't outdo this." Philip said.

"You're asking me to prom?" George asked, blushing a little.

Philip leaned over and picked a rose off the ground and handed it to George. "Will you go to prom with me?" Philip asked.

"I kinda wanted a whole thought out thing like Frances's, but yes, I'll go to prom with you." George said, tucking the de-thorned rose behind his ear.

"Is taking you to get ice cream a whole thought out thing?" Philip asked.

"I'd count it as so." George said standing up and walking out the door with Philip. Frances and Theodosia were outside kissing.

"Get a room!" Philip yelled at them as he and George walked towards his car.

"I have a room! I just don't feel like using it!" Frances yelled back.

Philip made some weird dinosaur noise at her, as typical of siblings when arguing.