Lys, the dragon of nature

~~Time skip~~

I walk through the main street of Tsukigakure making my way to the gate to get back to Konoha. My brother and I were visiting the graves of our family together to show our gratitude for what they did for us. Afterwards Damon had to leave because the hospital here needs his skills as a healing ninja. He wasn't happy about having to cut our time short but I just smiled at him and told him it's fine. I wanted to visit Touko because I haven't seen her since the Chuunin exams but she wasn't at home. Kiki has a lot of paperwork to do, Sheena left Konoha this morning together with Naruto and Jirajya to search for someone, Sasuke is meeting up with Kakashi today, Hinata still has to recover, Ino is helping out at her family's flower shop and Sakura is also busy with something but I don't know what. Sighing I decide a small walk through Konoha's forest alone will do me some good. After all I need time to think about what I am going to do. Reaching the gate I go to the teleportation seal next to it to get to Konoha. That seal is pretty old but it is still as powerful as it was the day of its creation. We are taught that the first Lunakage and the first Hokage created it together in order to make it easier for both sides to send help or to simply visit each other. No one was able to figure out how they did it but they still try to. I would like to know it too but currently there are more important things on my mind. Putting my hand on the seal I close my (e/c) and red eyes and concentrate. A minute later I open them and find myself at the gates of Konoha. Taking my hand away I walk out of the village into the woods. Closing my eyes I enjoy the peaceful and calm atmosphere while also doing what I originally came here for, to think.
There are exactly three things on my mind. First the promise I made to my former sensei, secondly, the third Hokage's request and lastly, Orochimaru who is still after me or more precisely my body. Maybe I should ask the dragons what their opinions are...but they don't know about the request because I refuse to let them be involved in this. Same goes for Damon. Besides he is already worried enough and he only knows about Orochimarus interest in my power. What about Sera...no, she has enough to do with keeping an eye on the tailed beasts. Seems like I have to come up with a plan myself. What would be the smartest way to....
Suddenly I hear something interesting which doesn't belong to the usual sounds in a forest. Opening my eyes I look around cautiously while stealthily sneaking towards the source of the noise. The closer I get the better I can hear it. Someone is singing a beautiful melody. The voice belongs to a man that's for sure but it's too quiet for me to make out the words. Nonetheless it's a mysterious song. Now curious I keep moving closer until I see someone sitting at the base of a tree being surrounded by different animals. Quickly hiding behind a tree close by them I observe him. He has shoulder-length green hair with a yellow streak, yellow eyes and a relaxed expression on his face. I can also finally understand the words he is singing.

shejumani siruvarant
krasa fleinu sheina ifil
krezu mani pukisala
krasa seinu fleina
shejumani siruvarant
krasa feinu sheina
ikimasi
a sheinu fleina
Arumate

flajimani tesealla
prasa meibu neiba ifil
arunami yudifalla
krasa leinu fleina

flajimani tesealla
krasa meinu neina
ikimasi
a leinu meina
Arumateria  

With that the song ends and I am a bit disappointed because I would have liked to hear the full song even though I don't understand the language. Nontheless he has quite a good voice. Oh well, he probably wants to be left alone anyways so I turn back around to leave. "It's not very nice to listen to someone singing and afterwards simply leaving without saying a word like nothing happened."

Surprised I turn back around to find him looking straight at me with a neutral expression. Chuckling I come out of my 'hiding' spot. "Sorry, I thought you didn't notice me yet and I didn't want to bother you. I have to say, you have a really beautiful singing voice."

He simply nods and a kinda awkward silence envelops us. A little deer walks to me slowly and tugs at my clothes. Getting the hint I follow him quietly not wanting to scare the other animals off who instead make space next to the male for me to sit down. Once I do the deer goes back to its mother seemingly proud of its accomplishment. A rabbit comes timidly closer and nudges my hand. I smile and carefully pet the little one. "The animals like you. Otherwise they wouldn't let you get closer."

Still smiling I reply. "Thanks. During the last months I wasn't able to get close to wild animals. I most likely scared them away with my wild running thoughts and emotions even though I don't show it on the outside. Actually, this is the calmest I have been for a few months."

Stroking the fur of a deer close to him he asks. "No surprise I suppose. After all there is currently so much happening in Konoha that everyone there is quite hectic."

At this I sigh. "That's true but it's not the only thing on my mind. I....have to decide something important but I don't know which choice would be the right one."

He stays silent for a few minutes before asking. "What does your heart say?" I look at him confused. He sighs. "If that choice is really important than you should rather stay calm and listen to your heart instead of freaking out in your mind. Whatever decision your heart makes, it will be the right one. The heart knows more than your mind most of the time."

Letting the words sink in I close my eyes and do as he suggests. Listening to my heart for once I suddenly understand. Opening my eyes I smile at him gratefully. "Thank you. I finally know what I have to do."  Standing up I turn to him. "It was nice to meet you but I have to go now. There are a few things that need to be done...."

"....like finding the missing dragon?" He says with a small smirk. I look at him wide-eyed and slowly move into a fighting stance to which he sighs. "No need to get defensive all of a sudden. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Lys, the dragon of nature and the last one with whom you don't have a contract with obviously." 

Letting the information sink in I slowly get out of my stance looking at him curiously. He keeps sitting on the ground and without saying anything throws something to me. Once I catch it I look at the object in surprise. "Not to be rude but...why do you give me your scroll....?"

He turns his gaze towards the sky before answering. "To be honest, I don't know. Maybe it's because you have so much in common with the first woman we made a contract with or maybe I'm only curios to see how far you will get. Whatever the reason something tells me it's the right choice."

Nodding with a smile I start opening the scroll while asking. "What was the song about you were singing?"

He closes his yellow eyes as if reliving a memory. "I heard a woman sing it once and she told me it is about a world split into two different worlds and the hardships of the journey to save both. I didn't ask her which language it is because I had a feeling I would be confused but that doesn't mean I can't like it. Somehow it reminds me of what we dragons have to go through...I guess it will probably be the same for the jinchurikis."

I nod at his. "I see. Dragons and human kind....jinchuriki and the more or less normal people...they truly seem to be different worlds."

"Exactly." He agrees. "And the way we handle our hardships determines if we will be able to live peacefully in the end or if the hatred continues on. Sometimes you can't do anything to change it but that's something we have to accept because every little step forward we manage to do is one step further towards a peaceful living with one another. But enough of this, you should go back to Konoha before it turns dark."

Standing back up I nod. "You're right, before anyone starts worrying. Well then, until next time Lys! It's a pleasure to have you on our team!"

He smiles slightly before going back to his realm. Smiling I make my way back towards Konoha not knowing what awaits me there.

A/N: Here is the link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFhGHHa1M4c

I do not own the song "Almateria" nor the guy version. They belong to their rightful owners.