Prelims

Before the third match starts I notice that Kakashi-sensei isn't here anymore. Looking around in search for him I also see that the sensei of the sound shinobis isn't here either. I have a feeling that he is Orochimaru but I'm not sure but if I'm right and the both aren't here....they are not fighting somewhere, are they?! Damn it! I quickly go to Ifri and ask him in a whisper. "Kakashi-sensei and the strange sound ninja aren't here anymore. Please look for them and if they are fighting do what you want to...end it."

He looks me in the eye and nods before he changes back into his small dragon form and disappears. Hoping nothing bad is about to happen I watch the fight between Shino and Zaku...

~~Ifri's POV~~

Doing as (y/n) asks me to I follow the scent of her sensei's chakra and after some minutes find him in a room. Suddenly the sound ninja appears and I hide quickly to listen to their conversation. It seems like he is Orochimaru and I can feel my blood boiling but I have to restrain myself from attacking him. He says he was at first after Sasuke because he wanted the Uchiha blood but after he found out that someone survived the first year of having the Dragan he changed his target to (y/n) instead. It makes sense because it's said that the first person with this Kekkai Genkai -also known as the Dragon's Goddess- was even stronger than the Sage of the six paths and due to its power rarely someone is born with it and even when the chance to survive the first year of life is disappearing low. In fact there are only two people who were able to use it...the Dragon's Goddess and (y/n). It's no wonder he wants her now but...there's no way he would get our precious princess!

I close my eyes and bite my lip to stay calm while still listening to them. Kakashi says something about 'foolish ambition'. Orochimaru replies with 'something like that' and also says for that he needs a lot of pieces and that she is a very important piece. He even mentions that the guys who are taking the exam are only his pawns. I get more and more disgusted by him. How can he talk about another person's life so lowly?! Noticing the change in atmosphere I take a look at them and see Kakashi ready to strike. He mentions something about 'those four ninjas' and I wonder what he means by that. Orochimaru just laughs and turns around to leave while mocking him to try to kill him when he can. (Y/n)'s sensei stands there and watches him leave. Then he makes his way back to the prelims. I follow him quietly still thinking about their conservation and if I should tell her about it and if so how much...

~~Your POV~~

The -slightly scary- fight ends with Shino as the winner. He is definitely a strong and dangerous opponent and I can't help but want to battle him. I've never seen such a jutsu before and am quite curious about it. Just then Kakashi-sensei and Ifri appear making me sigh in relief. Ifri lays down on my shoulders protectively and I look at him questioningly. He shakes his head and quietly whispers. "Later."

I nod and turn my attention back towards the board. A few secs later it shows the next fight, Tsurugi Misumi vs. Kankuro. Even though his opponent winds himself around 'him' Kankuro is still the winner because the worm only got his puppet which was disguised as Kankuro. Not a bad move I have to admit.

Naruto says something but I'm not listening. I start to wonder if they are supposed to be beaten here or if they really are as bad of fighters as it seems...I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Ifri chuckling and agreeing to what Kakashi-sensei says. Naruto then says. "You're not better, lizard!"

I sigh knowing what will occur now and quickly grab a hold of an angry Ifri and put a hand on his mouth before I turn to Naruto. "Please don't call any of the dragons lizard, Naruto-kun. They absolutely hate it and usually start attacking when I don't keep them from doing it. Believe me on this one, a really angry dragon is one of the most terrifying things one can ever experience." He gulps and nods slowly. I ask while letting go of Ifri. "Now that we cleared this....what did you do, Ifri?"

Looking at me innocently he answers. "I only agreed with Kakashi that Naruto is one to talk about weirdos."

Finally understanding I reply. "Well, it's not like I can deny that..." Naruto looks at me shocked and sad while Sasuke has to keep himself from laughing until I continue. "...but weird people are way better than 'normal' ones. They are at least not boring."

Grinning widely Naruto jumps up and down happily while Sasuke is now the one who looks shocked. Looking at each other Sakura and I start laughing until Kakashi-sensei interrupts us. "This is no time for laughing Sakura." He points to the board and we stare at it with wide eyes. The next fight is between Sakura and Ino. I turn towards Ino to see her equally surprised. They both then go down to the battle ground and I wish them both good luck. At first they don't fight with all their strength but after they put their protectors around their foreheads they start to fight with all they have. During their battle Ino cuts her hair and uses it to get into Sakura's body but Ino has to retreat because of Sakura's inability to accept defeat over Ino. They both start their last attack and afterwards they can't continue to fight. Seeing this Hayate announces the end of the battle with no winner. Kakashi and Asuma bring them back to the upper level and Cara comes back quickly and starts to heal them. I look at them and hope that will put an end to their strong rivalry...

Some minutes later the 6th match is between Temari and Tenten. I then hear bickering behind me and turn around to see Ino and Sakura are at it again. I sigh with a smile. As long as they are fine I can live with it. I go to them and hold out my hands for them to take. They look at me surprised but then return the smile and take a hand each. I pull them back up and congratulate them to their great fights even though no one has won they still can be proud of it because they did their best. Suddenly they both hug me tightly and I just let them. When they remember the next fight already started they let go of me and we three go to the railing to watch the upcoming battles.

Tenten uses her ninja weapons against Temari but to no avail. Temari uses her fan to throw them all back to her and after some time Tenten lays defeated on her fan. After Hayate announces Temari as the winner she throws her opponent but Lee thankfully caught her before anything could happen. Lee shouts at her if that the way to treat someone who gave her best. She just tells him to take that 'loser' and get out of there. He attacks her but she blocks and mocks him further. Gai keeps Lee from doing anything more and Gaara says. "Temari, get up here! You've been declared the winner. Stop wasting time with that pathetic guardian guy..."

I glare and growl loudly as a warning making everyone turn to me and backing away at seeing me like this. I think I see Gaara's eyes widen but he turns away to fast for me to be sure. Then Gai speaks to them. "Sand team, there's something I'd like to warn you about, if you don't mind..." After putting a hand on Lee's shoulder he continues. "This kid is strong. You better prepare yourself."

It's not a good idea to pick a fight with them especially with Gaara. Out of them he is the most dangerous one with Shukaku sealed in him. Somehow my gaze turns to Hinata's team and it seems like they are thinking the same thing. Wondering about it I quickly make the hand signs and ask Hinata in her mind. 'Did you see him using his jutsus?'

She looks around afraid before she recognizes the voice and turns to me seeing me watching her. She nods timidly. 'Y-yes. W-we saw h-him in the f-forest...'

Softening my gaze I ask her gently. 'Would you mind to tell me what you saw? If I have to fight him I want to know at least a bit of him.'

Nodding she tells me everything and warns me to give up before it's too late. I smile at her and say mentally. 'Trust me, I know what I have to do when I face him in a battle.'

Seeing my confident smile she nods and asks me to be careful. I nod too and release the jutsu. Looking towards the fighting area I notice that the next battle already started. The opponents are Shikamaru and Kin, the girl from the sound village. I guess Shikamaru will win this...

~~Time skip~~

Like I thought Shikamaru won with his intelligence and skill. Looking at the board I hope that it's Naruto's turn soon and that he doesn't have to face Gaara. Like hearing my thoughts the board says. Uzumaki Naruto vs Inuzuka Kiba. They both shout out happily and I wish him good luck. He just grins and says there is no way he is going to lose.

They both face each other and it's obvious that Kiba thinks he already won. Big mistake...Naruto might not look like it but he is really strong and determined. I'm sure he won't lose! Just then Hayate announces the battle to start and Kiba quickly attacks Naruto sending him flying. When he says to the referee that Naruto won't open his eyes anytime soon and nearly everyone looks like this was clear I shout out. "Don't be so full of yourself and underestimate him, Kiba! I know that Naruto-kun won't be defeated so easily and that he will win this!"

Before Kiba can reply Naruto stands back up and Sakura and I cheer for him. They continue their battle. Kiba throws a smoke bomb and when Naruto gets out of the smoke Akamaru attacks him. When the smoke clears Naruto lies on the ground and Akamaru sits next to him. Kiba is about to start cheering but he is interrupted by Akamaru biting him. Just then Akamaru disappears and Naruto stands in his place. His shadow clone is a bit away with Akamaru's paws in his hands. Naruto withdraws from Kiba and complains about him stinking like a dog. Watching and hearing this I have to laugh and Ifri joins me. It's just to funny to resist. After calming down I continue to watch them and see the dog eating something and suddenly turning red. He jumps on Kiba's back and they perform a jutsu which turns Akamaru into Kiba and Kiba looks more like a wild beast. I hear someone saying something about a soldier pill but I'm not knowledgeable about pills so it's effects are unknown for me.

Kiba and Akamaru start attacking Naruto mercilessly and I grit my teeth while closing my eyes. I tighten my grip on the railing until I feel a hand on my arm. Opening my eyes I turn to the person to see Sasuke standing there now looking into my eyes. "Don't worry about him. You know how strong and stubborn he is. He will fight until he wins."

I look at him wide-eyed because I thought he was the last person to think Naruto would make it...but he seems to acknowledge his strength now and if Sasuke can see him in another light so anyone else can to! Smiling at him I nod and thank him before turning back to the battle. Naruto lies on the ground and Kiba mocks him. "You become Hokage?!! Even though you're weaker than me?!! You don't actually think you can become Hokage! Stop acting tough. Hehe...If you want a Hokage...I'll become one!!!"

Having enough once again I shout out. "Come on Naruto-kun! Don't you dare to lose against such an arrogant idiot! You will be Hokage one day, I know it!!!"

Even Sakura shouts out for him to get back up. He stands back up and exclaims. "If you're gonna compete with me for the Hokage name...I'm gonna whip you like a dog."

With that Kiba attacks him again and during this Naruto transforms into him. Please don't tell me he thinks neither Kiba nor Akamaru will attack because they don't know who is who. Their noses are better than the ones from other humans. The real Kiba punches Naru-Kiba in the face and he transforms back into...Akamaru?! Wait what?!! While I try to figure out what's wrong Kiba turns towards the other one and sends him flying too. He also transforms back into Akamaru. Now I understand. Naruto quickly transformed into Akamaru to make Kiba think he hit the wrong one. That was clever Naruto!

Naruto transforms back and hits Kiba. They are both on the ground now and Naruto says something that strangely enough sounds like something Kakashi-sensei said to him. They 'talk' for some time and Naruto says he will use his new special technique. Wait...When did he learn a new technique without me noticing?! Naruto is about to start performing the jutsu when Kiba suddenly throws some shuriken at him and quickly gets behind him to attack but Naruto...blows off steam literally making Kiba retreat holding his nose. A lucky coincidence for Naruto I guess even though I have to hold my nose too thanks to my bloodline.

He uses this chance to perform 'his' jutsu which reminds me of the one Sasuke did earlier. Hearing Sasuke growl quietly next to me confirms me that he indeed used it with some changes. Afterwards Kiba lies on the ground and Hayate announces. "Winner, Uzumaki Naruto!!"

Sakura and I cheer while the medical team takes Kiba and Akamaru with them. Cara refuses to treat him because of three reasons. One his injuries aren't that bad, two she doesn't want to endure their strong dog smell and three my team mates are her top priority. I roll my eyes at her but let her do as she wants to. Naruto comes back to the upper level and Hinata stops him to give him something. Noticing something I turn towards it and see Neji glaring at Hinata. I wonder why....