Start of the mission

The next day I get ready and go out of my house together with Mino to get to the gates in time. There my team meets up with the client and I hope for him that he don't question me being a ninja again. Firstly because Mino would give him a piece of his mind and secondly because I'm not sure if I can hold back myself this time. I tell Mino all about the mission I know. On our way we meet my team members and go together with them. At the gates is Tazuna already waiting for us and Kakashi-sensei is late as usual. We go out of the village and Naruto is really excited. He says: "It's my first time to be away from the village."

"Oh, really?"
"-nods-"
"Hey! Can you even trust such a child?!"
"Haha...Don't worry. I'm also here."
"HEY YOU, OLD MAN! You shouldn't mess around with a ninja! Do you know how great I am?! I'm the future Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki!"
"The Hokage is thebest ninja, right? I hardly believe you will become one."
"Shut up! I will be one for sure! No one tries as hard as me! Then you will respect me!"
"I would never respect you, brat...even if you become the Hokage."
"I'm going to kill you!!!"
"Naruto-kun, calm down! I know it's hard not to kill him but our mission is to protect him."
"But (y/n)-chan..."
"No buts. Even if we hate the client, a mission is a mission and a ninja can't decide who the client will be or what mission they get. Think positive. We only have to endure him until he finishes the bridge."
"....Alright."
"Why do you want to kill him, Princess?"
"Uhm....forget it Mino. Nothing important."
"Liar. -glares at Tazuna-"
"Can we just continue to travel, please?"

We continue with our way, luckily. Suddenly, I have the feeling of being watched. I silently activate my Dragan to change into the Byakugan and see two ninjas watching us. I deactivate it and say nothing. I want to know who their target is first. After some time Sakura asks something but I'm not really listening knowing she hasn't asked me because I'm more concentrated on my surroundings secretly. I look at Mino and he nods at me, showing me he notices them, too. I look back to the group and see Tazunas guilty and worried face. 'Does this mean he is their target? But it's only a C-Rank mission so there shouldn't be any fights with ninja. Unless he lied, but why would he do that?'

I'm so deep in thought that I nearly step into a puddle but I notice it just in time and go around of it. 'Wait, a puddle? But it hasn't rained for days! Does that mean they are going to attack?'

I look to Kakashi-sensei and he nods at me, answering my unspoken question. Mino silently gets a bit closer to the client and I activate my Dragan. Then I hear chains and turn around quickly to see that the two ninjas wrapped their chains around Kakashi-sensei. One of them says that this is the first strike and they 'kill' Kakashi-sensei. I am furious about it at first but then I sense his chakra and calm down. Seems like he wants to know who their target is, too. Everyone else is shocked and the two appear right behind Naruto and say: "Second strike."
"Forget it, you idiots!"

I say while throwing a shuriken at their chain. It is pinned at a tree by it and a kunai is thrown through the hole of the shuriken. I look towards where the kunai came from and see Sasuke there. We look at each other and nod. Then we jump on the two and break their chain from their claws. One of them charges to Naruto and the other head towards Tazuna. So he was their target after all! I nod at Mino and he jumps in front of Tazuna and Sakura while Sasuke and I save Naruto who stand there frozen in shock. Mino uses a giant earth claw to grab his opponent and keep him in place while Sasuke kicks the other one to a tree and I freeze him there so that only his head is free. Kakashi-sensei then appears and tells me, Sakura and Sasuke that we did well and apologizes to Naruto and said that he should have appear earlier and help him but he wouldn't have thought that Naruto would freeze like that.
'(Naruto) I...I couldn't do anything but Sasuke and (y/n)...That was our first real fight...weren't they afraid? They stayed cool...'

"Hey...Aren't you hurt? You coward."
"!!!"
"Sasuke-kun, don't be so mean to Naruto-kun! It's a normal reaction when you face a dangerous situation for the first time and aren't prepared for it!"
"Hn, whatever."
"Naruto, their weapons are poisoned. We have to open your wound and get the poisoned blood out. Don't move so much. The poison already works. Mister Tazuna?"
"Wha...what?"
"I have to talk to you. And (y/n) could you with Mino pin them to the tree over there?"
"Sure Kakashi-sensei!"

After Mino and I did it Kakashi-sensei says they are ninjas from Kirigakure who are known to fight 'til death. One of them asks: "How were you able to see us coming?"
"It didn't rain for several days and today is a nice day...how could there have been a puddle then? And I also noticed (y/n)s cautious behavior. I guess she noticed you a while before me."
"Damn. I thought it wasn't noticeable..."
"Why let you the kids fight then?"
"Because he wanted to see who their target was or in other words...who they wanted to kill."
"That's right, (y/n). Then you should know who it is."
"Yup, it's Tazuna. I have a question though why haven't you told us that you pursued by ninjas? Our task was to protect you from normal rogues. This would be at least a B-Rank mission."
"-mutters- I didn't expect anything else from a famous anbu captain like her. -louder- Really good (y/n) and I would like to know that, too."
"This mission is too hard for us. We should give up! And we have to take Naruto to a doctor."
"Well, it will be too difficult. We should head back to the village also because of Naruto."
'-grabs kunai and opens his wound- Why am I so different from Sasuke? Why am I always...damn it!'
"NARUTO! What are you doing!"
'I do everything to get stronger....I work always hard on it, train every day but.....I will never need help from others again...I won't be afraid, will never escape...I won't stand back behind Sasuke...I swear it with this pain...!'
"With this kunai I will....protect you, uncle. We don't give up!!!"
"Naruto...you can get out all the poisoned blood but...if you loose anymore blood...you will be dead."
"No! No! No! No! I don't want to die because of that!"
"Show me your hand, Naruto-kun."
"-takes out hand-"
"-takes it gently between the own hands- Hold still. -hands surround by a green light-"
"-blushes-"
"What are you doing, (y/n)-chan?"
"I heal the wound, Sakura-chan. Thanks to Cara I'm able to use healing jutsus."
"That's amazing!"
"-smiles- Thank you but I haven't really trained it so I'm not really good at healing bigger wounds. I'm more a fighter than a healer. -releases his hands- And finished!"
"Thank you, (y/n)-chan!"
"You're welcome, Naruto-kun."
"Kakashi."
"-looks towards him-"
"I think...I should give you an explanation."