Bahai, the Steel dragon

We have been already training for a week and I decided to finally ask her. With that in mind I hurry together with Ixio to meet her. When we arrive I see Sheena staring at the sky looking nostalgic and sad. Noticing she is talking I hide nearby and listen. "If only you could see her you would be very proud of your daughter. She is an even better dragon summoner than you were but you already knew it when she was born. Even though everyone was afraid she wouldn't survive with her Kekkai Genkai you were always sure she could make it because she is special. I remember you being worried once you noticed she has a tailed beast sealed inside her. You were concerned because of the Akatsuki and thought they might attack her to get it. That's why..." She suddenly stops and turns to my direction. "You are quite skilled at hiding yourself but you shouldn't listen in conversations when you don't have to collect information. It will only get you in trouble you know."

I slowly get out of my hiding spot and look at her curious and desperate. "I didn't mean to! It's just I..."

"...You want to know more about your mother by talking or listening to someone who actually knew her her whole life." Sheena finishes for me. My eyes widen in surprise. "Shocked about me knowing it? Well...your mother would have done exactly the same so it was quite easy for me. Besides it's only natural because you can't ask her anymore and I know more about her than anyone else.....If you want me to I could tell you some things."

I don't have to think about it and quickly nod before she changes her mind. Ixio appears next to me and says with a small smile. "I will observe Konoha from above then. I'm curious how the boys are doing~!"

With that said she transforms quickly into her small dragon form and flies off. I thank her mentally and look directly in Sheena's eyes. She sighs and chuckles. "Just like your mother...well, is there anything in particular that you want to know?"

I nod slowly. "I would like to know why she never mentioned you..."

Sheena closes her eyes for a moment. "I see. It must have been quite a shock to hear about your mother's best friend without me ever being mentioned by her. Well, I asked her to not telling you anything about me. You heard what I said earlier about her, she was worried for your safety because of the Akatsukis. Ever heard of them?"

I think about it. "I heard a bit of them. I know that they are all S-class criminals and Orochimaru was a member of them. That's all."

Her gaze gets serious. "No surprise that you don't know much about them. It's rare to find someone who already heard of the Akatsuki. They stay hidden and no one knows about their true intentions. But your mom found something out during one of her missions and that made her afraid."

My eyes widen in shock. I never saw her being afraid of anything...not even of her death. Biting my lip I ask. "What did she find out? And what does that have to do with her keeping you a secret?"

Sheena replies in an even more serious tone. "The Akatsuki's are after jinchurikis because they want to take the tailed beasts from them. After she told me that I left the village and traveled together with Jirayja to collect some more information and maybe get to know when they are going to start their 'hunt'. That's why she shouldn't say anything about me. I didn't want her to get in trouble if they caught me. We always made sure no one followed us when we met because I wanted to protect her and her family. She said at first I didn't have to risk my life for her but I only told her she would have done the same if I was in her situation. She wasn't very happy about it and reluctantly let me do what I wanted to but I know she was very grateful that I did it."

Quite shocked I gulp slightly before saying. "I see...thank you." She looks at me confused. "Thank you for everything. After all you protected me even after her death and I never even knew about your existence! And now you watch over me to keep me safe from your former team mate...even though you could hate me for being the reason your best friend died..."

I can't stop the tears from falling from the guilty feeling I got after hearing this. After some seconds I am suddenly pulled into a comforting embrace. "It's alright little one. Nothing what happened is your fault. You didn't ask the former Lunakage to want your death or your mother to protect you by eliminating your whole clan including her. The only guilty one is the bas...former Lunakage who wanted to get rid of you without having any good reasons. He is the one to blame not you who suffered more than anyone else by his foolish decision. I could never hate you no matter what."

I look up at her with teary eyes. Sheena just smiles and puts her hands on my cheeks gently brushing my tears away. It's a good feeling to let everything out. Of course I could always go to Kiki whenever I need someone to talk to but it's somehow different and I don't know why. However, I'm glad to know of her thoughts. I smile back at her and just then I can sense a new dragon being close to Konoha. Ixio suddenly appears next to me and Sheena smiles knowingly. "Seems like dragons still have a bad timing when it comes to their contracts. Hurry and get him before the dragon changes its mind."

I look at her confused before Ixio laughs quietly. "Seems like you spent too much time with dragon summoners when you can find that out. Well, I will return to my realm then for now. See ya later!"

With that said she disappears and Sheena giggles while motioning for me to go. I smile nodding and quickly leave the place. Concentrating on the dragon I follow its chakra until I arrive at the gates. There I search for any evil presences but I can't find any so I continue on with my way. After some time I arrive at my destination and what I see makes me giggle quietly. Underneath a tree there lies a small silver-grey dragon curled up in a ball and sleeping peacefully. I walk closer quietly not wanting to wake it up. When I am in front of the dragon I move towards his right side and sit down. Leaning against the tree I observe the sleeping creature next to me with a smile before I concentrate my senses on our surroundings to sense any unwanted company and to be able to protect the dragon.

~~Bahai's POV~~

Here I thought the girl would try to just take me with her but no, she sits down next to my laying figure and keeps observing the area. That's unusual and surprising. Normally they start rambling because they can't start my test or try to 'wake me up' or -like I said- would try to pick me up and drakinap (draki=dragon kid....couldn't resist that opportunity sry xD) me. Some just left, I will never know why. Seems like she really is that special like everyone besides Lys, who didn't met her yet, says. It's definitely something new that the summoner sits down and waits patiently for me to 'wake up'....but why is she observing the area? We are way too close to the village for it to be dangerous. Ah right! The others said something about strange 'visitors', that's probably the reason. Ifri mentioned they are working for a powerful human and that Yvern nearly got captured. Of course he immidiately snapped at him but he never denied it. The girl most likely saved him then and that's why he agreed to form a contract. After all he rarely ever accepts someone as his summoner which also means she has to be one of the strongest and I can sense her hiding her true strength. Let's see if I can make her to show it to me.

~~Reader's POV~~

I don't know how much time passed since I arrived here but I can't leave the dragon alone as long as he sleeps knowing how deep their sleep is. It's too dangerous with Orochimaru nearby because I highly doubt he left the village after the encounter with Kakashi. He is just waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike whenever it might be. Maybe he won't go after the remaining dragons without a contract because he believes I will seek him for power and I can make contracts with them which bounds them to me until I die but I can't be sure of it so I will protect them as much as I can. With that in mind I glance at the dragon to my left and wonder when he is going to wake up. Knowing that most dragons consider it rude to be awoken by someone who isn't their summoner I keep myself from doing so. I still want to form a contract so I can't allow myself to make such a bad first impression. Just then I hear something nearby and quickly get up ready to fight. After some seconds of searching I can't sense another chakra source nearby so I relax a little thinking it was my imagination. Suddenly kunais and shuriken are trown my way and I quickly dodge and block them. Observing the area I still can't find another presence while I am attacked. That can't be! Why can't I find them?! I have to activate my Dragan and switch it to the Byakugan, maybe I can see them then!

Coming to that decision I activate my Dragan and quickly change it to the Byakugan. Once again I search for the attacker while dodging and blocking the thrown weapons which now also consist of needles but even with the Hyuuga's Kekkai Genkai I can't find them which makes me frustrated and I change it back to normal before I start thinking. 'Keep calm and concentrate. Besides the flying weapons there is no sign of another person being here. That means there might not be someone else but how can so many different weapons be thrown my way then? I should try to take a closer look at them. Maybe that will help me understand what's going on here.'

I try to look at as many weapons as possible but there is nothing unusual about them. Just then my gaze falls on the sleeping dragon with the silver-grey scales. I quickly observe the weapons once again and smile when realization hits me. "That's pretty mean of you to test me without my knowing, steel dragon. I already thought I'm too stupid to find the one throwing weapons at me. However, could you be so kind and stop this now? It's hard to talk to you that way."

Finally his attack comes to an end and I sigh in relief before I turn towards the still laying dragon with open eyes who stares at me curiously. "Interesting. Such a small girl like yourself could find that out in such a short time. Maybe I did get rusty over all that time."

I sweatdrop at that 'joke'. "Please don't feel offended but that wasn't very funny..."

He looks at me confused. "What do you...? Oh, I see. I didn't mean to actually be funny. It was just an unfortunate wording from my side. Anyways, I have two questions for you before I tell you whether I will agree to a contract or not. First, why did you simply sat down next to me?"

I stare at him and tilt my head to the side. "Well, I didn't want to make a bad first impression by disturbing your peaceful 'sleep' so I sat down to wait for you to wake up by yourselves. Besides...you looked way too cute for me to force you out of your sleep~."

He shakes his head at the last part and I can clearly see him blushing. "Y-you are mistaken, I'm definitely not cute! Really some weird girl..." I can't help but giggle at his actions and he stares at me in irritation before he clears his throat to continue. "Anyways, now to the last question, why did you keep observing the area?"

My smile fades and I look at him seriously. "I don't know if the others already told you about it but there is someone who is after the dragons and now also after me. His name is Orochimaru and he was in the village not too long ago and I doubt he simply left. I'm pretty sure he is somewhere close and just waits for the perfect moment to strike but I don't have any clues about it. He seems to have created a jutsu which allows him to manipulate dragons and no one should be forced to do anything he or she doesn't want to. That's why I kept watching our surroundings. I wanted to keep you safe if something was about to happen."

The dragon's eyes widen before he smiles. "That might be not such a bad idea after all. Alright then." Not knowing what he means I watch in confusion as he transforms to his human form, a grey-silver haired male with light silvery eyes behind a pair of glasses. His eyes watch mine while he speaks. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Bahai and, as you already figured out, I'm the steel dragon. You don't need to tell me your name as I already know it from the others. (y/n) (l/n), I've decided to grant you my power and give you my scroll for you to form the contract. I'm looking forward to a good cooperation."

With that said he lets his scroll appear and hands it to me. I smile brightly and take it to quickly form the contract. Afterwards I give it back to him and thank him. He simply nods and accompanies me back to the village before he disappears into his realm. Summoning Ixio I run back to the training grounds where Sheena waits for me to continue my training.