The dragon vs the moon's shadow

I look at the board still in shock. My opponent is Shiranui Touko, also known as the moon's shadow in Tsukigakure. She was popular during our early childhood and became a strong kunoichi for all I know. Touko also wasn't really afraid of me...she hated me ever since we met and I don't know why. While everyone else ran away she stayed and told me every time that I am a monster and don't deserve to live. When I ran from her and yelled that I am not a monster she just stood there and laughed evilly. She always loved making me feel miserable and unloved. After Lady Kiki took me in and became Lunakage, I didn't encounter Touko anymore and I was happy to be free from her sadistic personality. And now I have to face her in a fight...My hands tremble at the memories but several hands on my shoulders make me snap out of it and I turn around to see my team, Ino, Hinata and Ifri giving me encouraging smiles even though they seem worried too. That's when I truly understand that I am not alone anymore. I have them, my other dragon friends and Lady Kiki to support and protect me, no matter what anyone else says about me like my family did. I will face Touko and my past once and for all to show that I'm not the weak little girl anymore but strong enough to protect them all! Now determined I smile back at them and nod thankfully before I turn to Ifri. "I know you are worried but..."

He interrupts me gently. "But you want to fight her alone to prove your strength. I understand, Princess. I will wait with your team and cheer you on then!"

I smile at him relieved. That's when Hayate says. "Now, these two entrants come to the front. Everyone else move to the upper level."

After I do what he says I stand in front of Touko. Her light purple hair is in a high ponytail with her bangs framing her face and her forehead protector is wrapped around her forehead. Her golden eyes glare at me menacingly and she smirks evilly. "Look, who we have here. Is the Lunakage's favourite sure she wants to fight? Or is she going to hide behind her stupid dragons....?"

Glaring at her unfazed I reply coldly with a smirk. "Still jealous of me I see. Sorry to disappoint you but I will fight you without summoning any dragons. Someone like you is definitely not worth their precious time. Besides I want to have a little fun myself."

Her glare intensifies but she doesn't say a word. I take the time to think about what I heard of her skills. She is pretty fast and strong but lacks in her defense. She uses a jutsu which forms an illusion about the fears and bad memories of her opponent to weaken their spirit and make them defenseless. That most likely explains her sadistic side....Her other jutsu is a dark sword drawn of the black shadows. This can be dangerous for me because the darkness from the blade finds the uncovered spots of my dragon scales and attacks them. I guess I have to use my forbidden technique for this...

After I decided what I will do I wait for Hayate to announce the start of the fight. He stands next to us and says. "The two participants in the first fight are Shiranui Touko and (l/n) (y/n). Are you ready?" We nod at him while Touko changes into her fighting stance. "Alright. Please begin." He then disappears to a safe place.

Right then we charge at each other and start the fight. We dodge and block the attack from the other and neither of us get hit. Knowing we won't get anywhere when we continue like this I jump away from her. She smirks and quickly makes some hand signs. "Dark Style: Black Nightmare!"

Suddenly the darkness begins to engulf me until I am completely swallowed by it. There I see my fears and the happenings in my past but I just roll my eyes at it annoyed and quickly make my own hand signs. "Light Style: Holy Rays!"

The light emitting from me destroys the darkness and I am back in the arena facing a very shocked Touko while hearing cheering from above. Smirking tauntingly I say. "That's it? Compared to what I had to do to make a contract with the shadow dragon it's pretty much lame. I was expecting more but I guess you're not as strong as you think you are."

Glaring at me angrily she snaps. "I should have known that a monster like you is immune to it! Or took the beast inside of you over to keep everyone from knowing what you really are?"

I glare at her menacingly and I feel the anger I held inside me for all these years bottle up. Just then the curse seal intensifies its pain but I ignore it and snarl at her while clenching my fists. "I don't care about what you think of me but don't you dare to speak like that of Sera! What do you even know of her besides her being the eleven-tailed dragon, huh?! You're just full of prejudices and jump to conclusions without having enough information!"

Staring at each other furiously we quickly perform our next and probably last jutsu. "Dark Style: Warrior from Hell!" "Forbidden Technique: Light Dragon Fusion!"

I am surrounded by a bright light which temporarily blinds everyone. When the light fades away I stand there in a shining white armor and -for once- wield a silver and white katana. I hear some gasping but stay focused on my opponent. She wears a black and violett armor and has a black demonic-looking katana. Raising an eyebrow in question I say. "How interesting. You call me a 'monster' even though you look more like one right now...but that doesn't matter. I won't lose this fight!"

Glaring she replies. "I have to disappoint you because I will win this! Prepare yourself for your defeat!"

With that we charge at each other and my weapon clashes with hers. Jumping away we quickly attack again and again not letting the other have a break or time to use another jutsu. With each clashing of our swords we get faster and more fierce than before until we are so fast that I guess everyone else just sees a white and a black blur. Suddenly the pain from the curse gets stronger and I push Touko as far away from me as possible. This stupid seal starts to get really annoying...I have to end this quickly to let Cara look at it again before it gets too much. Touko and I look at each other in determination and run towards the other readying our katanas to finally put an end to this. We both slice with our swords and come to a stop a little distance away our backs facing each other waiting.

~~Naruto's POV~~

My eyes widen when I see (y/n) and her opponent after they use their jutsus. (Y/n) just looks like a strong and beautiful angel....while the other girl looks like a cruel demon ready to kill everyone who gets in her way. How can she call someone as nice and kind as her a monster when she herself acts and looks more like one?! If she ever does this again I will protect (y/n) no matter what! Gripping the railing tightly I shout out. "Finish her off, (Y/n)-chan! I know you can do it! You are stronger than her, believe it!!!"

Just then they dash forward and continue their fight vigorously. All I can see are black and white coming at each other many times making me kinda dizzy from their speed. It's a great battle which makes me want to fight even more! Some minutes later the two of them face each other before running forward and swing their swords to hit the other and then stand still. Waiting anxiously I beg mentally that (y/n) is the winner and not the mean one.

~~Sasuke's POV~~

Seriously? The demonic idiot says our sweet angel is a monster...it would have been kind of funny if she wouldn't have make (y/n) feel miserable. She already suffered more than enough by having to watch her whole family die in front of her without being able to help them in any way! I know how painful it is to lose your whole family and all you can do is watch helplessly...

Hearing Naruto's annoying voice I focus back to the present and continue to watch them and mentally cheer for (y/n). It's nearly impossible to follow their movements because they attack very fast and it looks more like a fight between darkness and light. I can't even say if one of them is superior to the other! When the first battle is already that intense than I can't wait for my turn. Suddenly they stop fighting and stare at each other before dashing forward and slaying their blades one last time. Afterwards they stand a short distance away from the other and don't move. Hoping that (y/n)'s opponent lost I wait impatiently.

~~Gaara's POV~~

So she belongs to the people who made her life a living hell...Why am I angry about it? It's not like me to sympathize with someone...maybe it's because I know what she has been through. It has to be the reason. There is nothing else it could be. But if that's all...why do I feel kind of angry whenever she is around another boy? Why do I hate the thought of her getting hurt? Why do I even think so much of her?! It confuses me! What is she doing with me?! I close my eyes to get rid of these thoughts when I hear Kankuro saying. "They are so fast I can't really see them anymore!"

Curiously I open my eyes and immediately understand what he means. All you can see are the colours of their armors and weapons going against each other. An interesting battle...I can just hope my opponent will be strong enough to be worth my time not like the ones in the forest. Just then the two cease their fighting and face the other. They rush forward and attack with their swords before they come to a halt and stand there quietly. I somehow want (y/n) to win this but not because I want to fight her...I have to talk with Temari about this later to finally understand it...