Full moon

(Author's note: I know the fight between Gaara and Dosu was at the night after the preliminaries but I postpone it to a week later to the night right after you got Bahai. Hope you don't mind.^^)

  Not being able to sleep yet, even though I formed a contract today, and not wanting to interrupt the sleep of the dragons I decide to go out alone this night. Probably a bad idea considering the circumstances but even if something happens I still have Sera so it should be fine. I open the window and jump out. Outside I start walking down the street and look up at the stars thinking about Naruto, Gaara and me. We three are Jinchuurikis and share a similar past yet we all turned out different than the others. Naruto, who doesn't know about Kyuubi being sealed in him, tries everything to get attention and wants to be acknowledged and respected by becoming the Hokage. He also wants to follow his very own ninja way no matter what everyone else says. I want the people from my village to accept me for who I am and not see me as a monster by training hard to gain control over Seras power. My dream to become the Lunakage one day results of the sorrow I had to go through thanks to the former one and I don't want anyone else to suffer the same...but if Kiki wasn't there for me after my family's death I don't know what would have happened to me. After all I was angry and hurt enough to want to kill everyone because I thought they were all to blame for it. Maybe I would have chosen the same path as Gaara who was betrayed by his own father and his uncle who pretended to like him. I'm sure he doesn't understand the concept of 'love' because he never experienced that someone alive truly cared for him. He probably has the worst past by the three of us but I still can't let him do as he pleases. I have to defeat him to make sure he won't hurt anyone else and I will try to become friends with him to show him there are people who accept him for who he is. That might be the hardest part but it will be worth it.

Nodding to myself to confirm my mission I continue on my way through the now silent Konoha. Looking up at the sky I notice we have a full moon tonight. Thanks to Sera I always have trouble falling asleep during a full moon but it's fine. It could be worse. That reminds me of something Sera told me. She said that Shukaku, the one-tailed beast, can get full control over his jinchuuriki's body when he or she sleeps and that he gets more blood thirsty during a full moon...maybe I should look for Gaara just to make sure nothing bad is going to happen. Quickly summoning my wings I get into the air and fly above Konoha searching for the red-head. After some minutes I see him calmly sitting on top a fish-like thing on a roof. Sighing in relief I am about to leave when I sense another chakra source and turn towards it seeing Dosu getting closer to Gaara. Hiding my whole chakra I carefully fly between the buildings until I reach the one with the fish-like thing and hide under the roof. When Dosu arrives he starts speaking to Gaara. "You sure got me...do you not sleep?"

Gaara turns to him. "What do you want?"

Cautiously I move a little closer while Dosu says. "I was planning on getting you as you slept but now we can just fight here. Then I only have to get rid of Sasuke and I'll have a higher chance of fighting (y/n)-san." I clench my fists at this but I don't interfere. If he wants to fight Gaara now then I'll let him, knowing he most likely won't survive it. Upon receiving no reply he continues. "I know about your sand attacks. I wonder if it's faster than my sound.."

Gaara says that 'he' gets blood thirsty during a full moon. I don't see what's happening but I hear Dosu's last words. "W-what is this? What are you!?"

I close my eyes waiting for it to end. Afterwards I use my transportation jutsu to get back to my room without leaving a trace that I was there. Deactivating my wings I sigh and sit down on the floor contemplating what to do. "Where were you, Princess?"

Surprised I hurriedly turn around to see a worried Shi standing there. Sighing in relief I say "Don't scare me like that, Shi! I thought I was going to be in trouble."

She stares at me now slightly angry. "Believe me, Princess, you are in trouble! Do you know how worried I was when I left my realm to check up on you because I know you have some problems with sleeping during a full moon and didn't see you here?! Did you forget how dangerous it currently is for you to wander around alone?!"

Feeling guilty I stare at the ground and whisper. "I didn't want to wake anyone just because I couldn't sleep. You are already doing so much for me that I didn't want to be a nuisance. I'm sorry..."

Sighing she takes a seat next to me and uses her hand to turn my head so I am looking at her. Her gaze is softer now but still serious. "None of us thinks of you as a nuisance, some just have difficulties to express it. Besides you could have summoned me. You know I like watching the full moon and don't sleep during one...or did you forget it?"

I shake my head. "Of course not! How could I ever forget that? After all that's how I met you in the first place."

~~Flashback~~