The Chuunin exams continuation

~~Time skip to the final rounds~~

~~(Y/n)'s POV~~

Sighing I look in the mirror and at the outfit Kiki insists I have to wear because of this 'special occasion'. It consists of a sleeveless high-collared (colour) top, (colour) leggings under a (colour) short skirt, the usual blue ninja-sandals and one (colour) and one (colour) fingerless glove. At least it is something comfortable and allows me to move freely. I turn away from the mirror and make my way to the entrance where Kiki is already waiting for me. When I get there I'm greeted with a squeal and a bone-crushing hug. "Awww, you look so adorable!!!"

I roll my eyes at her antics. "Kiki shouldn't we go to the arena already? Or did you forget that the Hokage wants to talk with you about something?"

At this she releases me with a sheepish close-eyed smile. "Oh, I nearly forgot that. Well then, let's go!"

She turns around and leads the way. I follow behind her shaking my head but with a smile on my lips.

~~Time skip~~

I stand between Naruto and Neji and behind the proctor Genma. Looking around I notice that Sasuke is missing and resist the urge to facepalm. Of course he would be late when he trains under Kakashi-sensei. "Hey, stop looking around. Face the customers. In this main tournament you guys are the stars."

Smirking I reply. "Well, it's hard to look at the customers when all I see is your back."

Some chuckles are heard and he turns to me with an unreadable expression before turning back and taking a step to the side so I can see the customers now. We all then wait patiently and quietly until the voice of the Hokage resounds. "Thanks everyone for coming to the Hidden Leaf Chuunin selection exam!! We will now start the main tournament matches between the nine participants who made it through the preliminaries. Please stay and watch until the end!!!"

Genma then turns to us. "There's something I'd like to tell you before the matches. Look at this." He shows us a column on which we can see when whose fight will occur. Mine is the second against Gaara and Sasuke. Even though Kiki never said that I really have to fight both in the first round I knew it would end up like this. The others however seem to be surprised. "There have been some minor changes to the tournament. Check once again to see who you're fighting."

Naruto wants to ask him something and I use the time to look towards the Kages. Noticing Kiki and Sheena, who stands by her side, are a bit off I let my eyes wander until they set on the Kazekage. A shiver runs down my spine and I turn back to Genma not wanting to be caught. Something is wrong with the Kazekage. The last time I saw him I didn't get such a suspicious feeling so why now? "Alright, guys this is the final test. The arena is different but the rules are the same as in the prelims, there are none. You fight until one of you dies or acknowledges defeat but if I determine that the fight is over I'll step in and stop it, you got that?" That snaps me out of my thoughts and I focus on Genma for now. "Now the first fight, Uzumaki Naruto...Hyuga Neji. Those two stay here while the rest of you go to the waiting room."

I leave and wish Naruto good luck when I pass him. He just smiles his usual grin and nods. Before I can reach the waiting room Sheena calls me and motions for me to follow her. I nod and go after her. She leads me to a room and we make sure no one is nearby before she speaks up. "You noticed something is off with the Kazekage." After seeing me nod she continues. "I will tell you about it if you promise me to concentrate on your fights and let me handle the situation."

Thinking it over I reply. "You don't think I would do anything that makes him think I know his plans or whatever it is he is hiding, do you? But fine, I promise to let you handle it and to concentrate on my fights if that lowers your worries."

She rolls her red eyes. "Of course I don't think that. The promise is only for Kiki to calm her a bit. To make it short, the 'Kazekage' is Orochimaru. I've known him long enough to look right through his cover."

My two-coloured eyes widen slightly in both, surprise and realization. "That means the Sand really is betraying Konoha and working together with the Sound. Do you think...?"

"...that he is planning to use the one-tailed beast? Definitely. What is a better way to weaken Konoha than to let a tailed beast run wild? That's why I need you to focus on Gaara and probably let Sera take over to keep him from doing severe damage." Sheena explains. I nod in confirmation. "Understood. I will do my best."

She nods and we go back to where we are supposed to be. I enter the waiting room and notice that the fight already started. Walking to the railing I lean on it and watch them. 'Seems like Kurama lets him use his chakra.'

Keeping my gaze on the two I ask Sera. 'How can you communicate with me without me having to form a connection? And what do you mean with Kurama lets him use his chakra?'

She chuckles in my mind. 'Let's just say I found a way to finally be able to talk to you like this. For the other question it seems like the seal which kept Naruto from using Kurama's chakra was broken and don't forget I have to keep an eye on the tailed beasts so I know a bit more about such things.'

'I see. Did you hear my conservation with Sheena by the way?'

'Indeed, I did. Just call my name in your mind and I help you. For now I will rest until then. Good luck, (y/n).' Before I have time to thank her she disappears from my thoughts. Shaking my head at her I now really observe the fight. Neji just defeats the four shadow clones who attacked him and he starts talking about the destiny crap. He makes it sound like it is written in stone what will happen in your life....what a depressing thought! "You can win this Naruto!! Show him that hard work is worth more than anything else!!!"

Not caring about the strange looks I receive I continue watching and -for now- mentally cheering for him. Naruto grins at me before he turns back to Neji and uses his shadow clone technique again. This time he produces more and they try to attack Neji but he dodges them and quickly hits Naruto on the chest where the heart is. The clones all disappear and Naruto spits out some blood. I grip the railing tightly until 'Naruto' also disappears in a cloud of smoke and the real Naruto appears with a clone to strike at Neji. Before he can hit him Neji releases chakra from his opening points and spins around sending Naruto and his clone flying away from him. So that's the Hyuuga main family's special technique Kaiten...but he is from the branch family which means he must have mastered it on his own. I hate to admit it but that's quite impressive. Then he uses another technique which hits Naruto multiple times and seals his chakra. Damn it! That must have been the 64-palms technique I heard about. I wonder if that can get through my scales. Well, I would still be able to fight just like Naruto who stands back up. We both still have something that can't be hit by this technique and that's the chakra of the tailed beasts sealed within us. A loud cough makes me turn to the noise to see Hinata having a hard time. An anbu ninja goes to them and takes Hinata with him to help her. I step back from the railing and summon Cara. When she appears I explain her the situation and she nods saying she will look for them and stay in the medical room to help the wounded. I nod and thank her before she quickly leaves to get to Hinata. Leaning against the wall I wait for Neji to finish explaining the Hyuuga curse already knowing everything from Kiki after I asked her about it when the prelims were over. A family shouldn't be that separated. Instead it should be a safe place where you can always return to. Shaking my head I push back from the wall and return to my previous spot. I can't do anything to change that but I'm sure Naruto can when he is the Hokage even though I don't know why. That reminds me I should probably gather information about the family structures in my village to prevent such deep hatred and to change them if needed once I become the Lunakage. With this thought in mind I continue watching Naruto win this fight and show everyone he is not the same little boy he was before becoming a Genin anymore.